be careful

icarus

I'd give serious thought to purchasing anything from alesis. i bought monitors that worked for about two weeks and then one stopped powering up. sent them to alesis FIVE MONTHS AGO and have not yet heard a thing from them, despite my persistent calls. I'm not really happy considering i spent about 500 bucks on them. anyway, if you buy anything from them, just pray you don't need any tech support. If anyone has any suggestions how to go about getting my stuff back, I'd appreciate it. I happen to be a lawyer, and I'm even considering filing suit against them for the hell of it.

Er.... icarus... hate to tell you - Alesis was going thru financial troubles and filed for bankruptcy protection.... They have now been bought out by Numark but it is questionable whether they will honor pre Numark sales warranties... hence the long delay...

Also, Numark did not buy Alesis' parts inventory, they were sold off to a supply company - American Musical Electronics.

Bruce

I've actually had two units repaired and shipped back. Though I'm currently sitting on a DM-Pro that needs warentee work.

I've been dealing directly with the company that's been doing all of their factory service since filing CH 11. They've stopped doing any work for Alesis until they get a contract signed. That's what's holding them up at this time.

I'll post again when I get any new info on that front.

Thanks,

Steve

thanks for the info. Can you tell me exactly who you called to get your stuff back. I know they filed ch. 11 but that doesn't mean they can simply keep everything people send them. even if they don't fix it, they have got to send it back to me. btw, bankruptcy may only protect them from prior creditors. if they reorganize and get sued now, they are not protected in perpetuity.

I've got the number in work... Alesis gave it to me after I haunted them for a few weeks straight (that was before they moved their office and left the phone switch in the old building).

I'll be calling this week (probably tomorrow) for the scoop.

Steve

The contract is signed!!

Here's the contact info:

Advanced Musical Electronics
8665 Venice BLVD
West LA., CA 90034

(310) 559-3157

I'd call them to see whether they've received your monitors yet, chances are that's where they'll be going.

Steve

well, i called them and they were actually quite helpful . they said my monitors should be up soon because they were getting to the products sent in June soon. They took my name and info, etc. anyway, thanks for the help.

Back