BBE 482.... what applications ???

lbcstudios

well.. i saw some people selling the BBE 482 in the free adds forumn for a low price... what exactly does it do?? ive heard it makes something sound fuller?
would this be used on a final mixdown for the master track? or a single vox track? im sure that might be a preference question..

my mixes are kinda thin... or lacking power in a way.. hmm i dunno.. could be a eq prob... but would the BBE 482 be usefull for my studio? i record rock/ punk/metal bands in it.

It's a band-aid...

The BBE maximizers and Aphex Aural Exciters are usually considered the "band-aids" of the business.

Personally, I consider them good things to have around, but VERY rarely are they actually used for anything that matters.

You'd be far better off trying to find out what your mixes are lacking and working on it from the start.

If you're looking for one to have around, I'd recommend the Aphex 204 - A little more expensive perhaps (?) but well worth it. WAY more control than the fixed-frequency BBE circuitry.

Now, an RNP is something you can use all the time. They're... Really Nice. :rolleyes:

Still, if you're ever just hankerin' for something different, there are worse things out there to have than an Aphex 204. Still, at the tracking level, you're better off fixing it at the starting point.

Back