Battery powered mobile loop station

dawjin

I am putting together a mobile looping rig with my BOSS RC-505 so I can loop while walking.
I currently have a chest desk and portable power bank

I need advice on what I should look for in a portable speaker. I would prefer something with a 1/4 inch input as that is the BOSS RC-505's main output. Also something I can realistically carry on my back via a custom mount. Would a portable monitor or guitar amplifier work? Another option would be a higher end Bluetooth speaker with an auxiliary input. However this way I would have to use an adapter and I'm worried that would cause a loss of quality or latency.

Currently I am using a small JBL charge 4 with an adaptor and although there is no latency, the audio quality is very poor. So far I've looked at the Blackstar superfly, Beringer b105d and Roland MOBILE Cube AC. Am I searching in the right direction?

I currently can loop with headphones on the go with no problem but I'd love to be able to perform to the public.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Additional details:
-The portable power bank has a voltage of 120 and a 42000 milliampere hour
Battery capacity.
-I am using a microphone to loop with this set up but plan on adding a keyboard or synth in the future.

tl;dr: building a rig to loop while walking, what kind of mobile speaker should I get?

Wait, you are building some sort of ambulatory powered suit, with tactically mounted transducers?....I am speechless.

I would set it up 12 volt. Not a 120volt system. It doesn't need to be 120.

A DIY amplifier board should be fine. Its a outdoor system so you need some power, 100 watts should do. 12volt. Use car stereo speakers with it. Use 6x9's free air. To the sides of the backpack.
Screenshot 2021-05-18 210032.jpg
this one can power a sub too. Are you gonna carry around a bazooka tube? Shoulder mounted perhaps..or secured to the packs base.

At 12volts the battery bank will last longer.

1/4" inputs
Screenshot 2021-05-18 211049.jpg

6x9's make surprising amounts of bass and sound full. Get shallow type and use free air mounting. Can top mount in a cardboard(for shape/so no crush) open enclosure too. Can also attach, or sew, plastic 6x9 enclosures to sides of pack. Save space and weight, and sound great. 3 way model is $19 on ebay for a pair.
Screenshot 2021-05-18 204348.jpg

if you are wicked smart like me, wiring should be child's play.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-18 203812.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-18 203812.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
What backpack are you going with? I liked Samsonite.. L.L. Bean was pretty dope.

Last edited:
Back