Bass Wah problems

Roaf

Dumbass
My Crybaby Bass wah died. Its an older CBG-100. It was working and then it slowly began to fade in and out. I still get a signal through it when it is plugged in but once I click it on - nothing. The pedal does not overheat.
I have been emailing Dunlop about it but the correspondence is a little slow. Anyone have any ideas?

Am I looking at replacing the pot or do I have some wiring issues here?

Thanks

Roaf

Roaf said:
My Crybaby Bass wah died. Its an older CBG-100. It was working and then it slowly began to fade in and out. I still get a signal through it when it is plugged in but once I click it on - nothing. The pedal does not overheat.
I have been emailing Dunlop about it but the correspondence is a little slow. Anyone have any ideas?

Am I looking at replacing the pot or do I have some wiring issues here?

Thanks

Roaf

You probably have something loose in there or a bad pot. Either way, the circuit is pretty simple, so open it up and look. Dunlop sells replacement pots. It makes good sense (to me, at least) to use their part.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

re: Light

I did replace my pot on my Guitar Wah. The thing is the guitar wah still produced a sound, albiet a scratchy one while my bass wah just died (although occasionally it will come back to life for a moment). I wanted to make sure I made the proper diagnosis before I went in and operated. I did look at the wiring and nothing appeared loose.

don't know if you do or not, but do you use batteries? mine turns off when I click it on when the batt is dead..dunno just a suggestion

Back