Bass Traps

SteveCPerrino

So I'm looking to buy a bass trap, but I have a problem.

I have isulated walls, but the outer (actual wall) part is this soft, almost fabric-like material, so I can't glue or nail anything to these walls :(

So is there any form of a bass trap where it could be free standing, without having to nail or glue it to a wall?

Bass Traps are discussed in detail in the Studio Build forum. Would you like me to move this thread over there where it belongs?? You'll get a better response.

Or you could just use the search function.

peace.

So is there any form of a bass trap where it could be free standing, without having to nail or glue it to a wall?

Below is a photo of a RealTraps MondoTrap on a stand, but other trap models can also go on stands.

--Ethan

mondotrap.jpg

So I'm looking to buy a bass trap, but I have a problem.
The biggest problem I can see here is the quantity...

"I'm looking for a half-dozen bass traps" - or "I'm looking for 18 bass traps" - Now you're getting somewhere.

"I'm looking for *a* bass trap..." Not much of a cumulative effect there.

oh, well ya I know I need more than one, I was just stating I need to find a particular kind that wouldn't need adhesive or nails or anything.

and thanks for showing me that one on the stand that really helps! THanks!

if you are building your own, it is easy enough to add legs to them....just build a couple of "T"'s and turn it upside down....then, before you put the filling in the frame, attatch the upside down "T"'s to the frame...Ill be working downstairs a good bit tomorrow...if I get the chance, ill take a pic of some of mine that have legs....I have a total of 18 now...but in the early days, when I only had a few...most of them had to be moved around depending on what I was doing, so I put legs on some of them...now I have enough that they rarely if ever get moved...

...I have a total of 18 now...

18 seems a common number;), serious, exactly what I have right now-in a small room;
I read someone commenting about "you must learn to love fiberglass" or something like this (If DIY, sure), and it´s the truth.
I´m an addicted now :D and don´t know how I could live so many time without a proper treatment.

Ciro

well...the 2" stuff usually comes in boxes of 6, so 18 is a common number to get to...Im actually about to buy another box to build more for wall ceiling corners...

Back