Bass Traps???

djdarwin

I live in a 12 X 10 carpeted bedroom. What should i use to absorb the bass in the corners? I have heard of packing pillows and blankets... is this a good idea or a waste of time. I have no problem spending the money to do it right. What is the best approach for this?

would trapping the bass in the corners improve my ability to master my tracks?

Would trapping the bass in the corners decrease the amount of noise my neighbors can hear?

Do the corners in the ceiling need to be trapped as well?

trap it!

Auralex LENRDs are good. Don't mess with the DST or Metro series. One Atom12 would be great. Mount it with tubetak and T pins (from a fabric store) Hope this helps.

dj,
give me your room s exact dimensions and I will tell you where to put the traps. I may not login this weekend but next monday sure.
Mike

darwin,

> I have heard of packing pillows and blankets... is this a good idea or a waste of time. <

Waste of time.

> I have no problem spending the money to do it right. What is the best approach for this? <

That's the right attitude!

> would trapping the bass in the corners improve my ability to master my tracks? <

Yes.

> Would trapping the bass in the corners decrease the amount of noise my neighbors can hear? <

No.

> Do the corners in the ceiling need to be trapped as well? <

Yes. See this:

www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

It's a fair amount to digest, but it's all there in plain English.

--Ethan

Back