Bass Pods

carsoste

Hi:
I just have a brief question. I haven't recorded any of the bass for any of the songs that I'm recording yet, so this may not be necessary. But, anyway originally I was thinking of recording my Ibanez Electric Bass by using a bass pod. However, from what I can tell it seems as if bass pods do not get sold anymore. So, my question is: Do bass pods still exist?
If someone could answer my question I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
carsoste

Check this guy out. I can get some really decent stuff out of it. I have had mine about a year and love it.
I don't use it live but for at the house it is cool.
417e0%2BMHfzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Line6 Bass FloorPOD: Musical Instruments

+1 on both responses.
Amplitube SVX is nice and clean.
Also, I downloaded the Bass Expansion pack for my POD XT Live. It's pretty good as well. It's got some versatility to it.

Spent a lot of time trying to find some decent bass sounds in the past. Got some others to offer up as well...

* tech21nyc Bass Driver DI -or- Para Driver DI...The nice fellow at tech21nyc said the difference between these is subtle. The Bass DI has a built-in mid-scoop and no mid controls. It sounds more modern. The Para Driver DI can easily provide R & B, Motown, and Beatles tones, though it is designed to work with piezo pickups. I've really enjoyed it.

* Johnson J-Station...Believe it or not, it actually does okay. I bought mine for $40.00 locally. It's not the worst, and is budget friendly.

* Behringer Bass V-Amp...Another modeling amp that doesn't do too bad. Kind of useful, but not my choice for everything.

Hi:
Thank you all so much for your great answers. I will take a look at what each of you recommended.
All the best,
carsoste

sansamp bass di here.

tried the pod, hated it.

cool thing about the sansamp, it has a parallel output, so i can take an xlr cable out, and go direct to my mic pre, and with the parallel output, i can send a signal to my mesa boogie, mic it, and blend the two tracks together.

or, slam the sansamp with it's overdrive, and use the parallel, clean and unaffected, directly to my mic pre, and straight to DAW, and blend those two sounds

gives lots of flexibility, and works great for live work, either driving an amp OR a PA with no amp

Do you already have a modeller for Guitar? If so, you could always use that as a preamp for Bass. I actually downloaded a Bass modelling pack for my PodXT (which is the normal Guitar version), so if you have a Pod, it might be cheaper and easier to download a Bass pack instead of buying another separate unit just for the Bass.

Do you already have a modeller for Guitar? If so, you could always use that as a preamp for Bass. I actually downloaded a Bass modelling pack for my PodXT (which is the normal Guitar version), so if you have a Pod, it might be cheaper and easier to download a Bass pack instead of buying another separate unit just for the Bass.

I'm not even convinced there's any reason to get a bass model.
I use my regular guitar modelers for bass all the time. You just have to tweak 'em 'till they sound good. When I use my POD for that I use the tube preamp model with a little compression. Works fine

Aye I did that up to a point, but was curious about how much better (if any different at all) the Bass pack would sound. It actually sounds great! So yeah, use a normal guitar one for now, but if you can spare £50, the expansion might be a nice little investment.

However, from what I can tell it seems as if bass pods do not get sold anymore. So, my question is: Do bass pods still exist?

line 6 now makes the "Pod X3", a guitar bass and vocal processor that includes the twenty-some bass amp/cab models previously included with the bass pods.

The Behringer VTone Bass BDI21 is REALLY good & REALLY cheap: it's a DI as well as a modeller. It's also one of the solidest things Behri sell.
Any pedal or FX unit can be twaked to get a terrific bass sound.
Don't be conned into buying something that has a "...press button A & get the greatest sound..." rap. Whatever you get you'll have to fool around with until you get something that suits your instrument AND the mix it has to fit into. What you hear solo is not what the mix will need - that's almost a given/axiom/perennial truth type thing.

Any pedal or FX unit can be twaked to get a terrific bass sound.
I agree with this entirely. The dedicated bass effects pedals I've had have never seemed to do it for me, whereas any old piece of non bass gadzookery that I've shoved the bass through has given me groovy results.

Back