Bass Pod

FourEyesRock

I just bought a bass pod (original version NOT 2.0). I have a few questions. First, on my guitar POD 2.0 my signal will be balanced with unbalanced cords plugged into my 1 and 2 inputs on my echo layla through input left and input right on my POD...but with my bass pod the signal is unbalanced. Is it because its an older version or what? How do i fix it? Will balanced cords do the trick? Second, i can BARELY hear the effects...i mean i cant make it out. I have turned the knob up and tried everything yet nothing works...broken or what? Third, i also can barely tell the difference in sounds. I mean i cant tell one amp from another and i dont get very much leverage with the bass mid and treble knob....its like they dont work...ya it could also be my SHITTY bass but i doubt that it is so bad it sounds like the knobs dont even work. Any ideas? Thanks

mike

Something definitely sounds wrong. The 16 different amp models sound much different than each other, and the effects are fairly strong even when the effects knobs is turned almost all the way down. The treble control should also be VERY noticable.

You might need to get it fixed.

I don't know about your amp modeling/effects level problems but my Bass POD has balanced outputs and so should yours. You just have to use a balanced cable. But the output jack is both unbalanced and balanced, it just depends which kind of cable you put into it....

Balanced/Unbalanced is about signal noise if anything. It might help, but balanced cables are expensive (unless you get Hosa or Horizon or something...)

outputs

Are you sure you have it hooked up through the amp modeling out? There is an output that functions just like a direct box, hence no effects (unless you push the apply effects to D.I. button) and no amp model changes and then theres the output that puts out all the amp model sounds and stuff. Your more than likely using the wrong output. Thats my guess at least if you can't tell any differences.

Back