Bass control in ACID 7

Stob

I seem to remember that i could use "insert envelope" in a trial version of Acid. It then gave me the option to choose from Bass, Treble, and Volume.

Now i purchased ACID Pro 7 and i see no way to control the level of bass and treble. Just volume.

How do i solve this? Please help, the program has almost no use for me now.

I'd be glad they didn't include such a feature! Bass and Treble what? Did it actually give any indication of what kind of equalisation they applied? High and low shelves?

You'll need to automate some parameters of an EQ plugin. I used to use Vegas which was very similar to Acid, but I can't remember exactly how you pull up the window that lets you chose parameters to automate and show as envelopes. The basic included EQ (Sony Express?) is automatable I think.

First of all, thanks for your response.

The option to use Sony EQ i figured that out by now. This is okay for lowering the bass in a single track. But i like to use it for making mixes. Then i need some sort of action to control the bass and treble for the single tracks. Just like the ones you find on a real mixer.

Excuses for sounding like a Noob. Ofcourse, that's what i am. ;) But in english it gets painfully obvious.

First of all, thanks for your response.

The option to use Sony EQ i figured that out by now. This is okay for lowering the bass in a single track. But i like to use it for making mixes. Then i need some sort of action to control the bass and treble for the single tracks. Just like the ones you find on a real mixer.

Excuses for sounding like a Noob. Ofcourse, that's what i am. ;) But in english it gets painfully obvious.

Well you could put a graphic eq, or a paragrhic eq on the Master that would give you the ability to turn down or up all th treble or bass on the entire Mix.

It would be advisable to get the individual intruments/tracks better in terms of their own EQ however to get a good sounding mix in the end

Well you could put a graphic eq, or a paragrhic eq on the Master that would give you the ability to turn down or up all th treble or bass on the entire Mix.

It would be advisable to get the individual intruments/tracks better in terms of their own EQ however to get a good sounding mix in the end

Sorry, but could you give this advice in more simple terms please?

I really don't understand one word you are saying.

Sorry, but could you give this advice in more simple terms please?

I really don't understand one word you are saying.

If you're looking to be able to turn up the bass on the entire mix you can put a graphic or paragraphic EQ plug in on the Master. Any changes you make to that EQ (ie slide up the graphic Eq at 200hz) would turn up the bass for everything in the whole mix.
This can be automated so that it happens only where you think it needs to happen

The downside about putting effects on the Master is it effects everything in the mix, so Bass, Kick drum, Toms, Snare Drum, guitars, synths and even vocals will all get a volume boost in the low frequency. This could lead to the whole thing just sounding muddy and indistinct

If you are looking, for example, to have a really massive kick drum at certain points in the mix, a better way is to use volume automation, compression and EQ on the individual track to shape the sound and make that one instrument really jump out as opposed to just turning up the low frequency of every instrument in the mix.
This is a great read if you are just getting started in mixing music http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

Back