Bass compressor - stomp box

riffy

Those of you who compress your bass in a stomp box, what do you use? I',m looking to upgrade my Tech 21 Bass Compactor. It's a bit noisy & I'd like another output out of it (for live flexibilities). I use this inline with a Sansamp Bass driver (which is great) I haven't tried out any other units like the new Ashdown, Aphex, Digitech, The Keeley Compressor, etc. The bass sound I like is just plain and solid and no freakin pick.

Yes, it would be on all the time. I was considering draggin along some rack mounted compressor but then realized I just don't want to deal with it, to big. Besides, I'm really a guitar player - you know how it goes when you somehow get railroaded into playing bass - ah the lowly bass player. Anyway, my quest goes on for the killer compressor pedal - maybe the Carl Martin?

riffy said:
Yes, it would be on all the time. I was considering draggin along some rack mounted compressor but then realized I just don't want to deal with it, to big. Besides, I'm really a guitar player - you know how it goes when you somehow get railroaded into playing bass - ah the lowly bass player. Anyway, my quest goes on for the killer compressor pedal - maybe the Carl Martin?

Take a look at the EH Blackfinger.

I'm not a bass player either, but I have the Carl Martin compressor pedal and I think it works tremendoudly well.
I've even used that pedal in the channel insert of my mixer when I was recording bass DI and it sounded great.
I use it in front of my Sansamp RBI for recording bass these days.

Good suggestions, thanks. That Black Finger looks very interesting, something that I'd definitely like to try first before buying.

Metalhead, how is that Carl Martin for noise?

Back