Bass comments

Jack Real

Hi

I'm working on a song and I would like to have comments on the mix in general and on the bass playing. I always have difficulty with the bass and I don't know if it's related to the way I play the bass or the way I mix. The song is called "Les portes". There is also a file with the bass only. It can be found under:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2872&alid=-1

All the help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack Real.

Hey, Jack....
This si kind of a cool, quirky song. Interesting beat. Bass seems to sit pretty well. I think it's some of the other sounds that drown it out a bit. Maybe take the keys, and drums down a little, as the vocals are pretty hidden also. I can make the bass out, but it is being crowded out by the other sounds.
Ed

Hi Ed

Thanks for the comments. It's true that it's a very busy song. I will try to lower some of the keys to make more place for the bass and the vocals.

Thanks,

Jack Real.

Dogman said:
Hey, Jack....
This si kind of a cool, quirky song. Interesting beat. Bass seems to sit pretty well. I think it's some of the other sounds that drown it out a bit. Maybe take the keys, and drums down a little, as the vocals are pretty hidden also. I can make the bass out, but it is being crowded out by the other sounds.
Ed

Back