Bass amp DI to Tascam 388

j.harv

@#$%
Just a quick question. I just got a new Fender rumble combo amp. It has a DI out on the back. If I wanted to use this with my 388, would I have to get a xlr to 1/4" cord and plug into line in? Im pretty sure I can't use xlr to the 388 xlr mic input right?

Just a quick question. I just got a new Fender rumble combo amp. It has a DI out on the back. If I wanted to use this with my 388, would I have to get a xlr to 1/4" cord and plug into line in? Im pretty sure I can't use xlr to the 388 xlr mic input right?

If I'm not mistaken, you can plug the DI out to line in but not the mic input. Different impedence. Hopefully someone with more experience than me can give you more info on this.

Via use of the Pad and Trim functions of the mic input on the 388, you can in fact turn that into a usable balanced line level input.

I used to plug my Direct box balanced outs into my TASCAM M312B mic ins with good results.

Cheers! :)

There is Trim but no Pad on the 388's mic inputs. However, I've used an 1/4"(F)-XLR(M) hardwired adapter to plug guitar/bass into the 388's XLR mic inputs with good results & no ill effects,... as well as 1/4"(M) Hi-Z mics.

It seems to me that you can plug the bass amp's DI(out)/XLR directly to the 388's XLR mic input with the trim turned all the way down without any ill effects. The Trim control will accommodate a wide range of signal levels.

Just speaking as a layman, not an EE. YMMV.

:spank::eek:;)

Back