basic recording question

RJH

I am very happy with a song I have done using a KORG M1 solely. I wish to record it to a mini-disk, but each time I have tried ( whether using the headphone jack socket on the Korg directly to the mini-disk or going from L & R output jacks on the Korg through a basic DJ mixer to the mini-disk ) the sound quality that I was so happy with through the headphones on the Korg does not come through as good on the mini-disk recording. Can anyone help please?

What does not as good mean.

Level? Static? Thin?

My first thought would be to record it to your computer to a Wav. Then see how it sounds there. Then from there to the MiniDisk.

Yo RJH:

I think the key in your post is the vocals sounding good through the cans. Everything sounds good through the cans usually; however, what you hear in the cans is not what you get when you transfer.

Suggest you set up your transfer using good monitors to fix the mix, set the balances, reverb, etc.

Then, your transfer, one way or another, should be better. But, Moving your song to mini-disc....I think that will also lower the quality of your song when you play it back. But, I've done some good stuff on my former MD8. You just need to work at it.

Green Hornet

:D :p :cool:

How are you judging the final quality? Have you listened on speakers also?

The quality will be less because MD is like MP3 and uses data compression. That's not to say it can't sound okay but it will definately not be a perfect copy.

Back