Basic Fundamentals of a Mix

Lankesh

Here's my question - are there simple guidelines for a basic mix? I know every single mix is different and must be approached in it's own unique way, but I was wondering if there are certain tools or plugins that should always be used? (EQ, Compression, Reverb are basically the 3 I use)

I am a young MC and so I try and mix my own stuff but it's not really my forte. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just a way to ensure that when I record something, I can make it blend well with the beat and sound decent.

Here's my question - are there simple guidelines for a basic mix? I know every single mix is different and must be approached in it's own unique way, but I was wondering if there are certain tools or plugins that should always be used? (EQ, Compression, Reverb are basically the 3 I use)

I am a young MC and so I try and mix my own stuff but it's not really my forte. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just a way to ensure that when I record something, I can make it blend well with the beat and sound decent.
You use what the mix is telling you to use. Some of the best mixes I've ever done had little to no EQ or compression at all. The right source (that's 95% of it right there) picked up by the right gear and messed with as little as possible.

Hey friend. I was right where you were and I was stumped. I don't want it to seem like I'm pushing my product or anything but I created an easy to follow handbook thats 20 pages packed with images and literally everything you need to know to get your mix from Zero to 90 in 10 minutes. Im a real guy like everyone here but I want to help others because I am passionate about home recording. The book is $5 bucks but its worth it. Check out my gig on fiverr.com/kylejohnmusic and I will send you the book instantly! Check me out on twitter.com/kylejohnmusicV1

OhOh - spammer alert!

Back