Basement Studio Questions!! John??

harley96

My house is under way and I'm going to have a 8 ft. ceiling in the basement.My approximate room dimensions are:Length 22ft,15ft wide,8ft.tall.I will have to divide this into a control room/tracking room.Considering 8 ft. ceilings can I somehow create a live tracking room via wood floors(especially for drums) or will I have problems with early reflections,etc.Would it be better to create a dry room with 8 ft. ceilings?I was hoping to make it a live room and add carpeting and other treatments when necessary.also considering these dimensions how would you split the room up for the control room and tracking room?I have more space in the basement but I plan on adding a bathroom and a little sitting area and of course a storage room where the furnace is located.Any suggestions are appreciated.

well harley - the 8' ceiling will be a problem but Bruce and I have figured a way around it :):) What's more of a problem will probably be two HVAC Ducts running through it??? and posts holding the upstairs up???

are these in the picture??

cheers
John

John Sayers said:
well harley - the 8' ceiling will be a problem but Bruce and I have figured a way around it :):) What's more of a problem will probably be two HVAC Ducts running through it??? and posts holding the upstairs up???

are these in the picture??

cheers
John

Yeah, I noticed other posts regarding 8ft. ceilings and I'm going to address that issue.Would you recommend wood floors?The duct work is definately a sore spot.What did you and Bruce come up with?As far as the pics I wish...lol:D :D Hey, If you help me build my studio I'll let you bunk with them...:D :D

Laying a wooden floor is going to take up 3"+ of height.
Sjoko has a neat recycled tyre surface that he recommends.

cheers
JOhn

John Sayers said:
Laying a wooden floor is going to take up 3"+ of height.
Sjoko has a neat recycled tyre surface that he recommends.

cheers
JOhn

I'll have to look into the recycled rubber,I remember Sjoko's post regarding it's usefulness..Thanks

John Sayers said:
well harley - the 8' ceiling will be a problem but Bruce and I have figured a way around it :):)
Ha! John is being typically understated and modest.... I can't even begin to pretend I know anything really in-depth about studio design that would assist John in any practical way!!!

John designs it -- I will build it...!!! (er... have someone build it!!!) ;)

:D :D

Back