Barking Dogs

OK That is weird...can any of you see the video ....though it is there when I go to edit...There is no video there to click on...maybe a glitch in my browser...Or....YT is getting tricky with their anti ad blocking bs.

Here it is again different link...

I saw it the first time I looked at the thread but I didn't click on it because I had already seen it on youtube or wherever? I don't see it now?

Reactions: TAE
OK That is weird...can any of you see the video ....though it is there when I go to edit...There is no video there to click on...maybe a glitch in my browser...Or....YT is getting tricky with their anti ad blocking bs.

Here it is again different link...

I think you may have found the missing link?

Alright then, court in the morning. I have no idea how this is going to go. It is the state vs my neighbor with the 14 loudmouth dogs, I'm just a witness to "Lack of control of a companion animal". The wife and I. I have no idea if I'll mostly just sit quietly while the local animal control numb skulls blow the case, or if I get a good shot at blowing it myself. Fat chance, perhaps given it is the state vs there will be a state attorney handling the case, but I doubt it. I fear it's unfriendly good ol' boy territory. According to the numb skulls, they have a success rate of winning 2 out of the 5 they have brought before the court. Hell, they probably have 14 of their own in their own backyards.

I/we could sure look forward to some peace and quiet around here, especially heading into the warmer months when those 14 hounds, 14, are hot blooded and barking all hours of the day and night at everything that moves, or doesn't move.

Wish me luck!

Neighbor got a conviction, class 1 misdemeanor. Not a max fine of $250, $50. I've mixed feelings about it, but overall take it as a win. They lied like hell, I have been provoking those dogs. However the female homeowner and live-in boyfriend owner of the dogs were constantly contradicting each other. It's tempting to interject, but unwise to underestimate the intelligence of the judge. The judge was actually quite fair with all of the cases he handled this morning. After being informed of a guilty verdict she exasperatedly says, "Well what are we supposed to do?!"....you know, about their "Lack of control of a companion animal", which the question kind of sorta illustrates the problem...the judge turned the edges of his mouth down and shrugged his shoulders.

Bottom line, they put both of us in this situation. It's unfortunate, neighbors in court against one another.

Did they do anything about the fact that their kennel is too close to the property line?

As to what to do with them... .how about getting rid of some or all of the dogs. If you can't control your animals, you have no business keeping them.

Did they do anything about the fact that their kennel is too close to the property line?

As to what to do with them... .how about getting rid of some or all of the dogs. If you can't control your animals, you have no business keeping them.

Exactly. "What are we supposed to do?" is as good as admitting you can't control the animals, I would think. The judge when delivering the verdict had already told them what he could do, order the dogs removed from the property, order confinement, order the dogs euthanized, "but I'm not going to do that". The judge seemed an intelligent guy, my interpretation, it was a shot over the bow. Frankly I don't think my neighbors are intelligent enough to recognize it as such.

Unfortunately there is currently no ordinance prohibiting the kennel being close to the property line, or even on the property line. That may change come march-april when the board of supervisors votes on a proposed ordinance prohibiting a kennel with 5 or more dogs over the the age of 6 months within 50 feet of the property line in residential zoning. Their property is not wide enough to be in compliance. The unfortunate thing, besides the fact they would still be able to keep 4 adult dogs and as many pups as they want, the current kennel will be grandfathered. "What was legal before the ordinance will remain legal non-conforming after the new ordinance comes into effect." The key there, technically, if he does not have the kennel licensed up until the day the new ordinance comes into effect, it was not legal before the new ordinance, therefore grandfathering does not apply. Licensing status is open for public viewing, so I will have to go check on that. A technicality, but court cases are at times won or lost over a technicality.

Bottom line with this crap, yesterday's court and conviction is just the beginning, the ultimate goal being to have the kennel deemed a nuisance by the courts, and ordered removed from the property. In other words more court, hiring an attorney, etc. Yesterday's conviction along with passage of the new ordinance is a good start towards that goal. A marathon, not a sprint. If he does nothing to come into compliance with "Lack of control of a companion animal"(basically barking and intimidating people not on their owner's property), that won't be good for him and his dogs. I actually hope he doesn't. Keeping in mind, all of that is separate from the noise ordinance, which is problematic given it takes the sheriff's office an hour to arrive at my home after I call. That's coming, though, with warmer weather comes more prolonged barking, and leaves on the trees increasing the echo and noise factor.

I just need to have patience and keep fighting the good fight. The wife wants a reduction in the barking. I don't! Let them bark. The more barking the greater likelihood to be rid of the entire situation, court ordered removal, no dogs, no kennel. The big prize.

There is nothing like an old dog
for a dog is mans best friend
There's something special about and old dog
He'll stay with you till the end
And, when the chips are down
he'll always be by your side
And when there's no one around
he'll be there to save your pride
.Just and old dog,
always be your friend
Just and old dog,
with you till the end
Just and old dog,
always be your friend
Just and old dog
And when the sun don't shine
the women you love just gets up and leaves you
but that old dog by your side will always be near you
always need you
do anything just to please you
walk a mile to be near you
that old dog by your side is your friend
and when you lose your home
that old dog has passed away
so, maybe your love will come or maybe it won't, its hard to say
will always be near you
just and old dog
need you
always be your friend
do anything
just and old dog
to please you
be with you till the end
run a mile
just an old dog
to be near you
always be your friend
that old dog, just and old dog.

Last edited:
Old dogs, wonder what they do with those old hunting dogs once they have outlived their usefulness? I've heard tale.

Guy next door with the 14, by my estimation not a one over at very max 2 years old, pulling up his criminal record he had 3 separate citations for unlicensed dogs on the same day back in 2016. Found guilty in absentia, obviously did not show for trial. Wonder whatever became of those dogs?

Well, I got the 8' FU fence finished enclosing the side yard, so I haven't been out back much lately walking my dogs. I got too many irons n the fire lately, including approximately 30 trees down and limbed back there. Burn ban Feb-April, but it's going to be a real pain in the ass if I cant find time to at least sort it out in brush piles before grass starts growing and needs mowing.

Developments. The wife fed up called the Commonwealth Attorney. Took him a week to call back/respond. Didn't think he was going to respnd, but did. Had totally familiarized himself with the case before calling, was also aware of prior charges of running unlicensed dogs. Lowlife next door hadn't even paid the fine from being found guilty of lack of control of a companion animal, our case. Said contact him once there is the next court date. Of course to get another court date the dud....the dud from animal control has to be convinced to come back out, witness what he doesn't want to witness, and issue an ordinance violation he doesn't want to issue. The short of it, dud issued the prior ordinance violation, represented the Commonwealth in court, yet told the judge the barking seemed "normal", "they are hunting dogs". Idiot. I don't know, when the time is right I'll call his ass, mention we've been in contact with the Commonwealth Attorney, maybe he'll think better than attempt to ignore or play us off. I'd say that is progress though, interest from the CA office. Maybe someone from that office will be there next court date. I would think contemptuous behavior of not paying the fine from the past case won't be looked at favorably by the court.

Fucking 1st world problems.

:D

Why you, I oughta.

I'm sitting(laying) here on the couch trying with little luck to peck a fight on the damn innernetz, and all I hear is them big mouth sombiches back there barking at who knows what. Annoying as hell. Maybe I'll go yell at them. Oh yeah, that always works. As luck would have it, it would probably be a bear. A slightly sleepy and very hungry bear.

Out in the boonies 1st world problems. Fuck this shit, I'm packing up my cherry tree and moving back to the peace and quiet of the city.

Why you, I oughta.

I'm sitting(laying) here on the couch trying with little luck to peck a fight on the damn innernetz, and all I hear is them big mouth sombiches back there barking at who knows what. Annoying as hell. Maybe I'll go yell at them. Oh yeah, that always works. As luck would have it, it would probably be a bear. A slightly sleepy and very hungry bear.

Out in the boonies 1st world problems. Fuck this shit, I'm packing up my cherry tree and moving back to the peace and quiet of the city.
Oh yeah?? Well let me tell you about first world problems.

My neighbor’s chickens like my property better than their own. A bunch of hens and two, yes TWO roosters.
Been thinking of getting my own for the eggs, but the roosters would end up going after them and try to kick my chickens off of their own land.

My property has been annexed. What do you think of that??

Hell I'd maybe set up nesting boxes. Free eggs. Maybe a dumb idea, doesn't further the peck a fight angle, but that's all I got.

Well, I do have a couple of other ideas. :devilish:

Back