Band In A Box or ???

Justplay

A few years ago I picked up a Boss BR1600CD with the idea it would provide me an easy to get along with Rhythm Section plus a ton of other features for my own compositions. It does all of that, but I find it too time consuming and cumbersome for my taste. I spend more time twirling knobs than making music. I know some of this comes with the home recording territory, but this approach is just not right for me.

I'm thinking of moving to a PC based system and that maybe something close to PG Music's Band In A Box may be more what this old guy really wants. I want to create basic progressions and arrangements, play my own guitar parts, maybe some keys and sing on multiple tracks. It would be fun to add other instruments that I do not play and when finished burn CDs of my music for personal enjoyment only.

So, let me have it. The good, the bad and the ugly of the simple PC recording programs. Please comment specifically on Band In A Box or similar systems. Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.

A computer system is vastly more capable than a stand-alone hard disk recorder, though only if portability is not a concern. As for BiaB, it's a good program, but also check out SoundTrek's Jammer, which to my ears is a little hipper sounding:

SoundTrek - Content

--Ethan

Ethan, thank you for your reply.

I will check into the Soundtrek product and see what that is about.

While I'm in search of a system with quick simplicity, I am sensitive to over limiting my capability and finding myself painted too tight into a corner. I will continue to look around before jumping in. Thanks again.

Back