Band I recorded in one day

Blor007

Hi,

Pls comment:

They exist 2 months, please comment on the recording NOT the playing.
These guys have the balls to earn some experience in the studio and learn from it rather then to rehearse or 7 years and never do shit !

So keep these comments comming ;)

Not bad. I hate that vocal style, but its done pretty well. Snare sounds loud enough, but I think it could use more punch through the mix. Toms are kind of weak. Bass isn't clearly defined either and sounds kind of muddy. Guitars sound great though.

I thought the recording was pretty good.
With the mix I thought the drums could be a bit more up front, and I thought the fast panning on the guitars was a bit distracting at times.
Dunno if this helps

I thought the recording was pretty good.
With the mix I thought the drums could be a bit more up front, and I thought the fast panning on the guitars was a bit distracting at times.
Dunno if this helps

Burning Alive
Forsaken

This is another song, I remixed both of them ;)

Thx for the comments, the bassguitar was too muddy idd.
Had no fq above 500hz :o

I put the drums up front a little more, and I fixed the toms.
The vox are still too loud for this style (but they wanted it that way)

Thx for the comments ;)

I mean, the sounds you got are fine, but it's nothing I would want to listen to, which is the point of the recording. It's not your fault though. They need a new drummer quick.

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
I mean, the sounds you got are fine, but it's nothing I would want to listen to, which is the point of the recording. It's not your fault though. They need a new drummer quick.

Well as long as the client is happy right?!

I don't think I could have done a much better job with this equipment, time and this experience :)

Just wondering what to do the next time I record a band like this ;)

Back