Balanced Patch cables

itsme1234

Hi. I was wondering if there was a difference between quarter inch balanced audio cabled and balanced patch cables?

The patch cables seem to be cheaper, but they appear the same. The only main difference I can think of appearance wise is that the patch cables seem to generally be shorter...but I really dont need much length.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

A 1/4" balanced cable is Tip Sleeve Ring on both ends. They come in 3, 6, 9 12 etc lengths - whatever length you need.
A patch cable is another word for this cable. It patches (or connects) things together.

Thanks much ido!!!!

That's what i was looking for. I wasn't sure if there was a difference. Thanks again

And a balanced cable is a balanced cable. If you're using balanced I/O's, you'd best be using balanced cables. If you're NOT running balanced signals, you can still use balanced cables - but not the other way around.

Thanks massive. I don't understand why some listings refer to them as 'patch cables' and some 'audio cables'. I know it sounds silly but i just wanted to make sure the construction was the same and that patch cables weren't specifically meant for a patchbay. Lol

They typically get called patch cables when they are shorter in length, and with narrower connectors and for use in a patchbay or patching something on the back of a board, but they don't have to be used for those purposes.

Back