Bad Room Treatment?

sk8a123

so I'm curious. I need to treat my room but don't exactly want to mess up. I wanted to know if you treat your room incorrectly, would it lead to non-accurate mixes?

You can VERY easily completely screw up a room's response as to basically make it unusable.

People do this all the time by throwing foam up all over the walls and thinking it's actually doing something positive...

Broadband / low end treatment first. Every time, absolutely no exceptions, end of story.

Now - Overdoing broadband trapping -- Nearly impossible. Although it will also absorb much of the problematic high end (as foam would), it evens out the low end (where easily 90% of the problematic energy is in a typical room). The worst you could do is get the room "too nice" -- And in some cases, you might consider adding reflective panels and diffusion to liven things up a bit.

I probably rant about it here: http://www.massivemastering.com/blog/index_files/Basic_Room_Setup.php

You can VERY easily completely screw up a room's response as to basically make it unusable.

People do this all the time by throwing foam up all over the walls and thinking it's actually doing something positive...

Broadband / low end treatment first. Every time, absolutely no exceptions, end of story.

Now - Overdoing broadband trapping -- Nearly impossible. Although it will also absorb much of the problematic high end (as foam would), it evens out the low end (where easily 90% of the problematic energy is in a typical room). The worst you could do is get the room "too nice" -- And in some cases, you might consider adding reflective panels and diffusion to liven things up a bit.

I probably rant about it here: http://www.massivemastering.com/blog/index_files/Basic_Room_Setup.php

I could definitely live with this problem.

:cool:

good thing you directed me to that link. or else i was going to start putting random foam haha

Well generally a nice soft carpet, a rug or two... curtains, fresh paint... some nice artwork on the walls...

New linen for the bed, whites and browns are big this year..

Lots of pillows... can't have too many pillows...

Oh, "bad" room treatment... sorry, misread... :D

Put it in the corner of another room, and make it stay there for 5 minutes...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA big time out for you Mr. Bad room.

Just be careful of the social services ..... treating a room bad is a crime in all jurisdictions. :D

Well generally a nice soft carpet, a rug or two... curtains, fresh paint... some nice artwork on the walls...

New linen for the bed, whites and browns are big this year..

Lots of pillows... can't have too many pillows...

Oh, "bad" room treatment... sorry, misread... :D

I've a perfectly darling painting done by a former co-worker on one wall. It's a picture of five cute little monsters floating away on dandelion spores. Is that the sort of thing you're talking about? :D

Bad acoustic treatmeant. I'm pretty sure you guys knew what I was talking about. It's not all that funny to me. It's a serious issue and I posted it here to get serious answers

Bad acoustic treatmeant. I'm pretty sure you guys knew what I was talking about. It's not all that funny to me. It's a serious issue and I posted it here to get serious answers

Ok, slow down, if you read and understand what massive posted for you, ya doing fine.
The rest is banter amongst friends. Sorry if it was at your expense but we need to keep our sanity as well.
You need to understand that we meant no harm or disrespect. All you need to do is laugh along with us and have fun with us as you learn from us. ;)

BooHoo!!! You might want to start by removing whatever it is you have stuck up your ass.:spank:

Lighten up!!! :)

Massive already told you basically everything you need to get started.

Go forth.

sk8a123, you are lucky moresound was the first to post after your little temper tantrum, there. My first reaction was much more like RAMI's. Really, man, get OVER it.

sk8a123, you are lucky moresound was the first to post after your little temper tantrum, there. My first reaction was much more like RAMI's. Really, man, get OVER it.

HA .... lost my best 58 till I got that kind of advice from RAMI one day and low and behold there it was!:D

Back