Back with a new beat.. Surprise

Hey Mista Alt

Nice track, good work. This beat is good for a fast rap style with a true story to tell. Here are some things you should consider adding to your track which will improve it's sound.

The intro of the song needs some sound FX's that can bring out the mood and feeling of the piano. Fool around with some background sound FX's like ocean fx's, birds fx's, people talking etc... It really all depends on what kind of song it will be use for, if it's about someone that died that was a good friend. I would use sound fx's that you would hear in hospitals and also sirens, these ideas will give the listener a better picture of what your rapping about.

The piano sound in nice and was performed good, you should add a little reverd, so it don't sound dry.

The Orchestral brass sound is fine.

The string sound is fine also.

Kick and Snare drums are nice.

The lead analog sound that comes in on the right side of the speakers is nice, but you should consider adding a little delay so the sound can fade away. Not a dual delay that delays from side to side or left and right, but a delay that stays right were you have the sound pan at, Try using a Tempo delay

Bottom line: Just work on the intro, also what ever you do to the intro that you put in, also add to the parts of the beat were the same piano sound comes in, which is the brake/chorus.

Keep up the good work. Also what kind of gear are your using sounds like a Korg keyboard.

You can call me Ringo

Peace.

Thanx alot Ringo, I am bout to apply all of the things you advice to see how it sounds. I really appreciate the in dpth feedback.

Im using a little midi controller hooked up to my computer, with some Roland, Kor, and E-Mu sounds (mostly Em-Mu, because of their soundfonts), and random drum sounds from different sample CDs. Im using Fruity Loops to sequence along with Battery.

Thanx a lot, again.

Hey Mista Alt

The E-MU sounds your using, are they from the MO' PHATT MODULE? I'm going to purchase that rack module. It's good for HipHop and Dance muisc. I use the TrinityV3 with all of the option and sample disks sets to produce HipHop, Techno/ Trance, R&B, and other styles of music. You don't need a $1,000,000 studio to produce a $1,000,000 hiphop track, all you need is the right tool for the jod and your set.

I don't have anything on MP3 yet that you can listen to, but when I do, I'll let you know. I'm in the process of build my home studio, I'll be finish soon and will post some picture's in the STUDIO BUILDING DESIGN section of the board.

I'm doing all the work myself for example: The design of the room from top to bottom, Vocal booth, aslo a 2 1/2 foot by 6 foot Audio/ Video Workstation Desk Rack for my keyboard and other gear.

Peace.

I'm digging it...

Could use some EFX like already mentioned earlier. Other than that a solid track,

Doesn't really just stand out as being different though. The MC would probably make or break a track like this. A cold cat would make this one sound like a million bucks. A corny cat would sink this track. I'd put sound kinda samples in it to more determine which way this one will go.

Keep up the good work. Peace.

Ringo - I use sounds from the mo phatt.. They are cool, but IMO the module is not worth the money. I would rather buy the soundfont from www.soundfont.com and just convert the sounds to wav, and sample them. Yooull save a about $370 (if the module is still $400) doing it that way.. The best thing is the bass sounds, and some drum sounds.. The one i used on this comes from the Pure Phatt, but the mo phatt has is also.

I would love to peep some of your stuff. So get at me when you get some up.

LAZI - Thanx, I was thinking about that. I like to give the MC enough room to get creative, but that can backfire sometimes.

Thanx a lot for the feedback.

Back