"Back to Windows 98se"

rajaa11

Hi all, I recently upgraded to windows XP on my system. It seems to run fine untill I try recording audio. When i play the tracks back they have static pops in them. I tried everything i could think and find on this problem. I tried moving the r-bus card to a different pci slot, updated the bios and the via chip set, downloaded both r-bus and m-delta drivers for windows XP from midiman.com, disable the usb port, defrag both my hard drives, turn my video card accelerations up and down, played around with the settings in the VM-3100pro, played around with the buffers sizes on both r-bus and cubase, and took the modem out of the computer. I also look in my bios to try to disable the ACPI thing but i could not find it. All i seen was AGP and i tried disabling that to. and still no help........My system is a GVC split fire mother board with a Duron 700mgz processor with 512megs of ram, two 30gig hard drives running at 7200 rpm's. I'm using Cubase 5.1r1 VST 32 and the roland studio pack with the windows XP. Know before I had windows 98se and my system ran fine(don't ask why i upgraded I couldn't tell you my self). I hope some one can really help me, I really don't want to format everything again and reinstall.....thank's for looking....peace

Hey rajaa,

To start with 700mhz is not a whole lot of processing speed. Have you checked what programs are running in the backround? Another thing, make sure DMA is checked on you hard drives.

Back