back ordered mic

hobo frank

I just opened an email from audiomidi.com that informed me that the SP TB-1 that I ordered from them is back ordered. Anybody have any experence with these guys. This is why I'd rather go into a regular dealer in a local shop and buy than shop online.
FL

No I haven't... but most small local music stores only carry well known name brand mics... and Studio Projects is not a well known name brand mic.

Yeah, I know your right. But I just wish that they would tell me the thing is back ordered before they take my credit card #. Maybe I'm asking for too much for them to set up their computers to check inventory before a sale.

I know what you mean... that has happen to me in the past too. Now, I alway start by saying... do you have such and such in stock and if they say yeah, I ask them... if I order them right now, will you ship them tomorrow. If they say they don't have them in stock, I tell them I'm going to see if I can find someone who does have them in stock, and if not I may call them back, then I thank them. :)

Oh, and I always ask for the tracking number too... and if they don't ship them when they said they would, I cancel the order.

The only exception to this is when I've ordered from Mercenary Audio... but, they have always shipped really fast anyway.

Just to follow up. Got an email today saying their shipment of tb-1"s came in and they would ship to me immediately if not sooner. That wasn't so bad (3 days) and they were cheaper w/ free shipping. I'll just shut up now.:)

I dealt with Sharon at audiomidi once.....when Mars was closing out the Delta DMP2's at $79 (everyone still had them for $199), Mars ran out before i could get one.....MF basically laughed at me when I asked for a price match.....SamAsh never returned my email.......AudioMidi matched it without a question........

Back