Back in the studio

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
God, it's good to be back in the studio. It's probably been two years or more since I've done a session.

I always seem to attract the youngsters (and no, I don't drive around in a van offering free candy). This is my nephew (on rhythm and lead guitar) and his bandmates. (They're all sixteen.) The track lacks vocals, and without vox, it gets a little long and boring--so feel free to skip around.

We're tracking vocals on Wednesday, and I thought some input would be a good idea--since this is not my native genre.

Good to hear something from you again, Whitestrat! Initially, I think the drums are a bit loud (especially the snare), guitars could come up, too. Performance on the drums could be tightened up, too. I'm interested in hearing the vox when ya get em' recorded.

Yeah like the guy over me said, the drums are too loud especially the snare and kick, the guitar could be louder too otherwise its sounds pretty cool

Yeah the drums-too much...There's slight timing/feel issues with the playing as well, putting them back in the mix or using a roomier sound might help the tune gel together a bit more. The guitar tone is big and the playing is very good though sometimes less distortion sounds bigger-maybe cut some low end from the guitar as the bass is not prominent at all, the bass needs to find a place in the mix. Good soloing and the solo tone is very nice. Drummer needs some woodshedding, if they're going to play music like this the drums need to be precise! Overall good recording on your part!

Strat

Back