Baby Taylor

dogn4u

Anyone play or own a Baby Taylor? Mahogany or Spruce? I'm looking for a short-scale acoustic. I love the tone of my Gibson Hummingbird, which has a relatively short scale (24-3/4) and just like the feel of the shorter scale. Also have an Epi Elitist LP in Honeyburst - a really sweet guitar...with the same shorter scale. I'd love to get a Santa Cruz Firefly (24"), but I'm short about $3K.
Baby Taylors? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

I've got a Big Baby, don't know the scale though. I thought the Baby was for kids or as a travel guitar though. Really short scale, like a 3/4 size guitar, whereas the Big Baby was more like a 7/8. Could be wrong though.

I guess it would depend on what you wanted it for. I really like my Big Baby (spruce), but if I were playing somewhere I doubt I'd use it, depending on the scenario. Not 'big enough' sounding to fill even a small room without amplification. I would imagine the Baby to have even less volume and fullness. I guess you'll have to try one and see.

I have tried and owned both the baby guitars...

I think the Big Baby is a bargain for what it does. I like the simple feature set for the guitar, though it seems that the action was always due for an adjustment every time the weather changed.

Baby taylor is what I bought for my wife when she said she was interested in learning to play. Punchy little guitar, it has some great sounds but it isn't a loud guitar. If you like strumming chords or playing leads then you have a good guitar for both there, just don't plan on it killing any banjo players with volume!

Hmmmm .. recently picked up a baby Taylor and can't say I'm that impressed. Feels like a little Taylor, but the tone? Yeah ... not so much.

Back