[B]Stoner Mix, comments please[/B] :eek:

Dude, very nice. I really like this. Everything sounds pretty good, but I'd like to hear a better version. Not sure what My Space uses for bitrate, but their player seems a bit lacking. But man, this song is cool. I love the feel. Very sludgy, and dirgey. I'd have to say, very well done. Me likes.... :D

I've been getting into stoner metal recently, and I must say, this is hitting the genre on the head, guitar wise. I agree the snares rings a bit to high, and they kinda sit in the background while the guitars seem pretty close. You seem to be going for a higher vocal presence than a band like Bongzilla, so it's good to hear the vocals through the mix. Personally, I think the song could be a touch slower, as I like stoner metal pretty slow and doomy. I've actually wanted to record stoner stuff before, but wondered how well it could possibly turn out in ah ome studio. You give me hope, man...

Thanks, doin stoner at home is a challenge all these cheap mics and pre available these days are very hyped in the highend. I'm not looking for sharp bright tracks. I'm gonna experiment with some tube mics and the such, that's where I belong.
That snare is a picilo and it's been quite a headache. Two mic's lots of ping on top and a too much snare on the bottom, it's been a tough balance. I've got about 10 more songs to finish with that same snare. :(

I'm tempted to pickup a pork pie snare nice and deep and thick, so I've always got a good snare to start with. That's my opinion but I'm a guitar player.

Back