B.O.: My deodorant can't get rid of it!

1) It's a part of the performance--the raw honesty that is humanity. Embrace it.

2) I can't believe I just replied to that...

heeeeeeelp meeeeee! ARGGGHHH!

Have you tried any of the noise shaped deodorants? While they don't completely remove the smell, the move the perception of it to the range of roses, cinnamon apple, or the odor of your choosing. Some even ehance the production of pheromones to turn on the ladies (or dudes if that's your thing).

Consider yourself lucky... It's more than a ploy. :eek:

Although on a serious note (if the OP is actually serious), I'll share a little story...

There once was a guy (let's call him "the guy" or whatever) who thought he had a terrible BO problem. He'd get out of the shower, put on a clean** shirt and five minutes later, couldn't stand his own stench. Switching from antiperspirant to antiperspirant, spray to stick, solid to gel, nothing helped.

Then one day, he bought several new shirts and noticed that when he was wearing a new shirt, there was no problem...

Further investigation revealed that the solids and particulates from the antiperspirant were lodging themselves in the fibers of the clothing he was wearing. Many of those particulates weren't coming out in the wash (** the "clean" shirts weren't actually "clean"). Older shirts had more (of course) and were breeding grounds for fast-growing bacteria with a non-friendly scent.

The "cure" was "over-washing" his shirts (several cycles, hot water, plenty of detergent) occasionally and stopping the use of antiperspirant -- which wasn't an issue after only a week or so, as many people who use it wouldn't need it if they weren't plugging up their pores with antiperspirant - There's a possible ploy in there - along with the aluminum in the antiperspirants which isn't something you want in your bloodstream...

Last edited:
Have you tried any of the noise shaped deodorants? While they don't completely remove the smell, the move the perception of it to the range of roses, cinnamon apple, or the odor of your choosing. Some even ehance the production of pheromones to turn on the ladies (or dudes if that's your thing).

I tried a square wave deodorant, but it just ended up giving me a rash. So how will that effect me when I'm mastering? Will it make me produce a triple platinum record?

Although on a serious note (if the OP is actually serious), I'll share a little story...

There once was a guy (let's call him "the guy" or whatever) who thought he had a terrible BO problem. He'd get out of the shower, put on a clean** shirt and five minutes later, couldn't stand his own stench. Switching from antiperspirant to antiperspirant, spray to stick, solid to gel, nothing helped.

Then one day, he bought several new shirts and noticed that when he was wearing a new shirt, there was no problem...

Further investigation revealed that the solids and particulates from the antiperspirant were lodging themselves in the fibers of the clothing he was wearing. Many of those particulates weren't coming out in the wash (** the "clean" shirts weren't actually "clean"). Older shirts had more (of course) and were breeding grounds for fast-growing bacteria with a non-friendly scent.

The "cure" was "over-washing" his shirts (several cycles, hot water, plenty of detergent) occasionally and stopping the use of antiperspirant -- which wasn't an issue after only a week or so, as many people who use it wouldn't need it if they weren't plugging up their pores with antiperspirant - There's a possible ploy in there - along with the aluminum in the antiperspirants which isn't something you want in your bloodstream...

I'm so serious that I'm cereal! Totally cereal!

I tried a square wave deodorant, but it just ended up giving me a rash. So how will that effect me when I'm mastering? Will it make me produce a triple platinum record?

It may help to produce a platinum records, but doesn't attract the chicks. "Square wave? That's so L7 man ..."

There once was a guy (let's call him "the guy" or whatever) who thought he had a terrible BO problem.

Hey guy! ('jus yankin' it J. sounded like an AA meeting or similar for a second).

Here's a similar story from Pete Townshend:

Odorono Lyrics
By The Who

She sang the best she'd ever sang
She couldn't ever sing any better
But Mister Davidson never rang
She knew he would forget her

She'd seen him there
And put herself to ransom
He had stared
He really was quite handsome

She had really looked her best
She couldn't ever look any better
But she knew she'd failed the test
She knew he would forget her

Triumphant was the way she felt
As she acknowledged the applause
Triumphant was the way she'd felt
When she saw him at the dressing room door

She was happier than she'd ever been
As he praised her for her grace
But his expression changed, she had seen
As he leant to kiss her face

It ended there
He claimed a late appoinment
She quickly turned
To hide her disappointment

She ripped her glittering gown
Couldn't face another show, no
Her deodorant had let her down
She should have used Odorono

It may help to produce a platinum records, but doesn't attract the chicks. "Square wave? That's so L7 man ..."

didn't Butch Vig produce them? =D He ONLY recorded one of the most successful rock albums of all time. L7, wasn't too bad, but I really liked the band he played in/recorded Garbage.

didn't Butch Vig produce them?

Yep Butch Vig did "Bricks are Heavy".

Coincidentally (or part of the six degrees of Butch Vig) Suzi Gardner sang on a track for a band called Anthrophobia, an album that I worked on.

He ONLY recorded one of the most successful rock albums of all time.

Yeah, my youngest daughter has posters all over her bedroom walls, books, T-shirts, DVDs, screensavers, and nearly every album made by those guys. I think they are her favorite band, odd for a 13 year old in 2008.

try the dr burt's herbal deodorant.

I like his mixing style.

I don't care what anyone says about Nevermind... wonderful album. I still pop it on from time to time. Drums sound great, guitars are huge, vocals are really intense, bass is nice and clear. The takes gotten are really effective.

I like his mixing style.

I don't care what anyone says about Nevermind... wonderful album. I still pop it on from time to time. Drums sound great, guitars are huge, vocals are really intense, bass is nice and clear. The takes gotten are really effective.

No argument here. Great music too.

I like his mixing style.

nevermind is a good album however Bleach is better....then in utero then maybe nevermind....

to me nevermind is the equivalent of Metallica's Black album - a commercial sellout....but a great album...dont get me wrong 'Tallica kicks ass !

Back