Awe 32

EZP

Hi all,
I was wonderring if my old AWE 32 Soundblaster is able to record one (stereo) track and playback another (click track for example). This would make it possible for me to make my own multitracks on my PC. What software do I use for this?

Thanks!

EZP

As far as I can remember (long long time ago) I could NOT do it with my old AWE32.
The soundcard you need has to have full duplex, that's recording and playing back at the same time.
My advice: Say goodbye to your AWE and get a SB Live! at least , costs only a few bucks! It's a good souncard for allround-music-makin, loading soundfonts, using realtime FX and works with everything outthere, guess it's exactly what you need...
If you consider recording more "professionally" there are A/D-Recording cards like the Delta 44, but that's another topic...

Jules

Thanks!

I wasn't really planning on making anny inverstments (just a car, which broke down!) But thanks for the info!

EZP

EZP,

The AWE32 was full duplex (able to record and play at the
same time), but you had to download the driver from
Creative to be able to do that. A limitation was that the
playback was only 8 bit, thus quite noisy when listening
to the overdubs while recording, but did not affect the
recorded material.

Mike

Yes my recolection was also that it was full duplex, but I suspect that means recording one mono sound while playing back another.

Wow, didn't know about the driver.
However, I'd keep to my recommendation:
Stop smoking for a week and get the twelve doe soundcard... at least just to free hundreds of squaremeters of space in your PC :)

But Gidge...

...what if I want a soundcard that has some kind of digital inputs (like S/PDIF)?

Back