Avril Lavigne Mashup/Remix =)

trogdor

Not sure if anybody else ever came across that Nickelback file that was circulating the internet a while back where someone put their first single in the left channel of an mp3 and their second single in the right channel...it was really well mixed, and the songs were basically identical rhythmically and melodically.

Anyway, I got the idea to try the same thing with these two Avril Lavigne songs, after finding myself humming the lyrics to one of them when it was actually the other single playing. I think they compliment each other pretty well, and I actually find the mix a bit more tolerable to listen to than either song on its own =). Check out the link and tell me what ya think...

Yeah they're written by the same people so they're bound to sound similar....

But Avril Rocks! :D
(and she's hot)

IDO, it's actually more than sounding the same. It's almost literally the same song, same arrangement, same spped, same length. I remember hearing the same thing done with the NICKELBACK tune and it's scary.

You know the old joke about Vivaldi (1678-1741)...

He didn't really write 500 concertos. He wrote the same concerto 500 times.

Tim

heh....nice job. I did a similar thing with a really popular song and a home recordist's "original" song. Never had the heart to post it.

Man, now I'm tempted.

Wow, thats rad man. You didn't time shift or anything??!?

TROOOOOOGDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!

Just a minor time stretch on the one in left channel if i remember correctly...did it about a year ago.

And no, it's nothing really unusual in the pop music arena. Though it is kind of entertaining working in radio where we've got so many eager label reps coming in touting so-and-so's brilliant "new" single on the charts...I, of course, keep my little mixes to myself =).

Well uh, thanks to whoever submitted this to Collegehumor.com...since this morning the damn file has over 3000 hits lol.

Gotta love free hosting!

Back