Avid Mboxs, M-Audio Fast Track, Mackie 400f

ThaArtist

I'm trying to get a better preamp. Need help. Im currently using the mackie onyx 400f. I feel like the 400f preamps and quality isn't that great anymore and definitely need to upgrade my microphone soon as well. what im using now is a AKG perception 200. Looking at spending $500+ on a new mic soon but until then I'd like to transition to Pro Tools and get the best mic pre for the money.

I've used the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro with tube compression etc. and it sounded great with the blue bluebird mic! I'm currently looking at these and hoping anyone could tell me if they would be better than the 400f preamps. In your opinion which is better AND is the mini avid the same preamp as the mbox regular?

M-Audio Fast Track Pro Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

Avid Mbox - 3rd Gen
Avid Mbox - 3rd Gen: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

or maybe even this if it's the same preamp as in the other mbox's???

Avid Pro Tools LE Mbox Mini 3 (3rd-Gen)
Avid Pro Tools LE Mbox Mini 3 (3rd-Gen): Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

Ok well a lot of people are saying Pro Tools doesn't work that well on Win 7 and some say it's a miracle to get to work. :shrug: wow i appreciate any advice. Im not going away from windows. I guess I could install a MAC OS on my pc for recording? I've heard people doing that a few years back.

Ok well a lot of people are saying Pro Tools doesn't work that well on Win 7 and some say it's a miracle to get to work. :shrug: wow i appreciate any advice. Im not going away from windows. I guess I could install a MAC OS on my pc for recording? I've heard people doing that a few years back.

Or perhaps go with something like Studio One. Should be the new Pro Tools and Logic competitor. I've used it a bit and really love it.

New Kit

Hi Guys,
this is my first post in here so you can take it that I'm a noob.
I'm looking to get my first audio interface and I've narrowed it down to a Tascam US 122L,Focusrite Saffire6 USB or a Roland Quad Capture because I want an improvement over my onboard sound,a channel in for the guitar and maybe a mic and the possiblity of midi in for a drum machine should I choose to include one in the future.
I'm reading that the Roland has the best spec followed closely by the Focusrite with the Tascam as a distant runner up,would you agree with that opinion or do you feel there is anything else you could add or that I should know of before I part with my hard earned cash?
I'm also considering a Native Instruments Audio6 but that's getting to the top of my price range and I have some doubts that it would function completely with my Fruity Loops DAW,again am I correct in thinking this?
Any input I can get is going to be greatly appreciated so please jump in and say whatever you feel,
thanks,
Andrew

Back