guido #2

Any of you guys ever use anything from Avatar?
http://AvatarSpeakers.com/
I'm thinking I'm gonna get the closed back 2x12 Special to use with my old Super Lead. I'm killing myself lugging around a 4x12.

(I actually leave it (4x12) in the bed of my truck all week between band practices. Yeah, I have a cap :rolleyes: )

We used Avatar to get our bass player new speakers, and they were great to deal with. The guy on the phone knew his stuff and was real helpful in recommending which ones would work good as replacements...i also heard their their 2x12 guitar cabs are good quality...

I recently purchased the SB112 Neo bass cab from Avatar. I've used it on a couple of gigs, and I'm liking it a lot.

I got the closed back 2x12 special with the vintage 30s a couple months ago. I love it. My amp is a Budda Superdrive 2x12 combo and I like having the option of mic'ing the open back combo or the closed back Avatar speaker cabinet-- best of both worlds. :D

I really wanted the vin30/G12H30 combo special, but they only offered that in the open back cabinet and I didn't want to pay extra for the "custom" configuration. Plus, I can always experiment with different speaker combinations in the future. I was also tempted by the cool new color combinations they have now... hehe.

The reviews are true about these things being built like a tank-- definitely a solid cabinet. I got the casters too (my amp has none) so now I just throw my combo on top of the Avatar and it makes moving my amp around easy.

I'll give a slightly different perspective. I bought from Avatar and actually returned the cabinet because I disliked the sound coming out of the speakers. They recommended 4 classic lead 80's in a closed back design to get the sound I was looking for. It came and within the first 2 days, the input jack on the back of the cabinet was loose and wobbling. The other thing that annoyed me was that you have to drill the casters on yourself. I never did this because I just returned the cabinet. They were very good to their word about taking refunds back. I then went and bought a Mesa 4x12 recto cabinet. I am now content.

Back