Avalon sp737

Thanks again for everyones feedback.
Sounds like the avalon isn't right for the stuff we doing.
I got lucky on Ebay and picked up a UA6176 for $950... should be here in a week or so.
I'll give feedback on the unit, but any more opinions on it?
I'm a bass player so am really excited about using the 1176LN side.

tx
Scoop

Sorry I don't agree. You will hear a difference. First and foremost you say most of the difference is in mixing and mastering, well when I started getting higher end stuff, it made mixing way easier.

Also, signal is way clearer! Multiply by a bunch of tracks per song.

I'm in no way saying that you have to have great gear to do good stuff, (I know a good engineer can make a good record with bad gear) but most people can tell the difference even in a car stereo when you do a comparisson

I've done some recording with $100 mic, $700 8 channel pre, and a $400 sound card that sounds as good as stuff from pro studios. Only a few tracks 4 vocal, 2 instrument, and 1 VST. Perhaps a larger number of tracks will make a difference. I now have Avalons, ApogeeA/D, and much more expensive microphones. On the 4-6 track arrangements, I really don't hear a noticeable difference in my car or home stereo. I do in my studio. Maybe it's just because of the limited size of my projects to date.

I just got the Apogee and have not had a chance to do any recording with it yet...i'm sure it will make a difference.

Not to be negative, but sounds as good as what releases from major studios? What major studios? And is that just sounds as good to you, or to most people. I hear this kind of thing all the time. I run across some badn or persona that swears that their stuff sounds like it was done in a major studio. Then i load it up and hit play and 10 seconds later I have a list of 10 different things that sound off.

xstatic said:
Not to be negative, but sounds as good as what releases from major studios? What major studios? And is that just sounds as good to you, or to most people. I hear this kind of thing all the time. I run across some badn or persona that swears that their stuff sounds like it was done in a major studio. Then i load it up and hit play and 10 seconds later I have a list of 10 different things that sound off.
Yup, he's right ya know.

Back