Avalon AD2044 Compressor - DBX 586

tbabes

Does anyone have any experience with the Avalon 2044 compressor? I'm thinking about purchasing one and was wondering how well it functioned on the front end of the recording chain. I plan to use it for just about everyting that I would use a compressor on (vocals, guitar, bass, and the kick/snare drums) and am curious to hear thoughts as to how well it actually performs.

On a side note, I have a DBX 586 (I replaced the "premium" 12au7 tubes from China - what a crock - with some NOS Mullard's last year - has helped a bit) as my primary pre-amp; will the wonders (if indeed the Avalon performs as expected) of the AD2044 suffer at the hands of the 586?

Thanks,
Brian

tbabes said:

On a side note, I have a DBX 586 (I replaced the "premium" 12au7 tubes from China - what a crock - with some NOS Mullard's last year - has helped a bit) as my primary pre-amp; will the wonders (if indeed the Avalon performs as expected) of the AD2044 suffer at the hands of the 586?

Thanks,
Brian

It will work great, but the 2044 would be happier beeing fed by AD2022 pre(or other equal quality)

Amund

Back