aux effects connection question

i just took delivery of a soundtracs topaz mixer and i am testing all of its functions to make shure it is fully functional before i shell out the cash for it.

anyhow, all is well except for the aux section for effects. i have an alesis quadraverb and when i hook it up to the aux i can only get the effect on the left side(i am hooking up to the quadraverbs mono input jack and mono output jack). i have a pan pot's on the aux's so i know it can be in stereo.

the back of the board only has 1 send jack and 1 return jack for each aux.

i tried hooking up the fx to another aux and it is the same story....left side only.

what am i dong wrong?
could it be that i am using a ts cable for hook up rather than a trs cable?

thanks -jay

i can only get a stereo signal if i dont push the cord all the way in. i tried a trs cable and it was still only in the left side,but pull it out 1 click and it puts it in both left and right sides.

how can i get it in both sides with the cord all the way in?

maybe this will help,
just use the mono in of your alesis,
but use the two outputs,
use a Y-cable , plug the side with the two jacks in the midiverb,
and the trs one goes to the AUX RETURN of the mixer

i think this might give you a stereo verb...

just a guess...

Try hooking the aux send to the left mono input jack on the quad... and return the left and right outputs of the quad to the line inputs of two open channels on the board... and pan the two board channels hard left and hard right.

maskedman72 said:
i can only get a stereo signal if i dont push the cord all the way in. i tried a trs cable and it was still only in the left side,but pull it out 1 click and it puts it in both left and right sides.

how can i get it in both sides with the cord all the way in?

I think on the Quadraverb you have to set the output mode to mono in the global settings in software, if you still have a problem.

I don't think just plugging into the mono jack on the back will make it mono out.

Ooops.....I was wrong.

DJL said:
Try hooking the aux send to the left mono input jack on the quad... and return the left and right outputs of the quad to the line inputs of two open channels on the board... and pan the two board channels hard left and hard right.

the only problem is my board is 24 channel and so is my recorder so that would eat up 2 tracks(or 4 if i want to run 2 fx boxes)

so, i wonder if rather than returning the quads outputs to line inputs, i could return them to monitor inputs and submix them into the other 24 tracks on mixdown.....

maskedman72 said:
the only problem is my board is 24 channel and so is my recorder so that would eat up 2 tracks(or 4 if i want to run 2 fx boxes)

so, i wonder if rather than returning the quads outputs to line inputs, i could return them to monitor inputs and submix them into the other 24 tracks on mixdown.....
I'm not familiar with the Topaz... but you should be able to bus the returns into subs and mix them in... use the subs instead.

Back