aux effects and panning problem

MGS

This is probably elementary to the seasoned pros here but has baffled me for some time. When I run a signal to my Alesis MicroverbIII through the aux sends/ returns on my Yamaha MT4X cassette multitracker, I drastically lose the ability to pan that signal (the signal remains more or less centred and only moves slightly in the desired direction). The only way that I can pan accurately is if I run the stereo outs to the Alesis, and then to my PC for mixdown but, of course, the entire stereo product is affected equally. I want to be able to apply reverb to each track in varying amounts and still be able to pan the tracks with as much flexibility as possible. I appreciate all of the advice that I have received here and would welcome any comments regarding this (probably simple) problem.

Mark

Mark, might you be running the signal from the unit in mono and back to the unit in stereo or vice-versa? When I was first experimenting, I once ran a stereo signal from my mixer to one channel on my recording unit(used an adapter) and lost panning capabilities. Take a look at what's going on an post it in detail if this info doesn't help. Good luck.

Thanks Prophet,

Actually I just received a response to this post on the recording techniques board and the problem is solved. It was a matter of correctly adjusting the settings for aux send/ return and effects mix. Thanks again for your reply.

Mark

Back