Aux Bus Problem

Rick Clare

Everyone,

I've been using Sonar 2 XL for several months now and have successfully recording numerous songs without a problem. For some reason now I'm having a strange problem that's driving me nuts. I patched in FxReverb to Aux 1 but can only make it audible in one track (track 2). When I enable Aux I in all other tracks and increase the Aux 1 send level, no reverb is heard. I've compared my settings in other projects and everything looks fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I have the same problem with Aux 2.

Very strange! Newer seen this before...

But check one thing. Is the tracks and Aux'es routed to the same VMain?

I think so. When I hover over "Out" for all my tracks and the Aux busses, I see "Output To: A ..." and "A" is the name of the Main.

This shouldn't make a difference, but:

Is the tracks set to mono or stereo?

And do you hear reverb if you add it to, say, track's 1 FX-field?

Well, I'm at a complete loss. I can no longer get any output from track 1 (which was a click track) - the music appears to exist because I see the Waveform and the output is set correctly. Also, in console view, most of the tracks are set to "Stereo (Auto Selected)" or "Stereo (Manual Selection)". However, when I switch to track view most of the tracks indicate "Mono (Auto Selected". Weird.

Then I don't know... :(

You might want to uninstall Sonar, and install it again. See if that helps!

I unistalled and reinstalled to no avail. What did resolve the problem was to insert new tracks, then copy the waveforms to the new tracks, one-by-one. This resolved the problem of tracks not playing, as well as the aux bus problem. Thanks for your help.

Back