Automating Tascam 788 from Cubase VST

Zeekle

Does anybody out there know how to assign Non Registered Parameter Numbers in Cubase so I can automate a mix on my 788. I can change the volume and pan controls etc, but am having no luck in getting the effects automated, which acording to the manual should be possible.
All help appreciated...
Zeek

Canyou not record the automation directly from the tascam. If you then look in the list editor you should see all the necessary data numbers.

Hope this helps

Keith

Thanks, tried to do that but the Tascam only recieves CCM. I have also tried just recording some CCM in Cubase and sending it to the Tascam but with no luck... Also Im so confused as to how to apply the NRPN
Any more help / ideas appreciated
Cheers Zeek

Sounds like you are going to have to do this the hard way. Open the list editor in Cubase and use the NRPN tables in the back of your tascam manual to program the control changes in. As far as im concerned its a total nightmare and i once tried it myself and will never do so again.

Try emailing tascam with your problem. I find it hard to believe that the Tascam cant send control messages into SX whihc you can then see in the list editor. You dont have any midi filters set up in SX do you????

Keith

Thanks Keith. I've no filters set up, I tried recording the CCMs from the Tascam with no joy... It does say in the manual that it only recieves, not sends..
I can get the volume and pan to work, EQ too... its these NRPN.
I record data in Cubase, but it just seem to send back to the Tascam as it should... I'm doing something wrong... or perhaps its the equipment, that sounds better than my lack of skill and knowledge....
Cheers Zeek

"It does say in the manual that it only recieves, not sends..

I record data in Cubase, but it just seem to send back to the Tascam as it should"

What data are you recording in Cubase if the Tascam only receives???

I really wouldn't bother with NRPN, why dont you just carry out all necessary automation in the Cubase mixer, its a good sounding piece of software.

Keith

Cheers Keith.. The data comes from Cubase.. using a keyboard controller to input it, but its obviously not the NRPN data... (contollers that say they're for NRPN) or if it is its not working... I think your right though, perhaps I should just pass on, let this thing lie... I've been looking for the answer for about 6 months.....
Thanks for your input...
Cheers Zeek

Back