Automate EQ and plugins?

SmattyG

How would I automate a track so that a certain eq setting is used for only one portion of a track, and then switched to a different eq setting at a different part of the track? I have the same question about plugin effects... Can someone help me out with this? Thanks!

Are you using VST or SX? The reason I ask, is that the manuals are different, so if I give you a page reference for one, then it may well not apply for your version.

Chris

I am using SX... there must be a way to do something of the sort... I can't imagine that you are forced to use an effect or eq setting on an entire track!?!

PS, can you give me the reference (i.e. subject heading) in the online manual? I preffer to use that... thanks!

SmattyG, you're not forced to. you can go into a section and select it and then right click and go to process. this will allow you to add effects and such to a certain area. But automation would let you do it quicker if at all possible

You can do a search in the HTML help for "automating VST plug-ins" or something like that, but it's not very detailed. Pretty general. There is an in-depth and easy to read explanation with diagrams and everything starting on p. 250 in the Operations Manual.

Chris

Basically, select the plugin then go into the plugin editing window. To automate, simply let the track roll, Turn the "W" button on the plugin editing window to enable write automation, then make adjustments as needed. When finished, enable "R" for read automation. Simple as that!

Back