Auto test demo, Song 6 - untitled

andreujuanc

Hello all,

As my first post, i'd like to link a demo im recording for my band. I dont have the file right now, so i leave the url:

soundcloud.com/andreujuan/song-6-take-b-audio-test

Hope u like it and tell me anything about it, im still learning..

PS: there are some playing errors, cuz we rec that just for me to practice.. x)

Cheers!

EDIT: Reading the post Title i dont know why did i write "Auto test demo" xD It should be Audio Test Demo xP

Last edited:
Wow what an interesting piece, the guitar has a detuned sound is this standard tuning? Just crazy how it goes from rockabilly to metal to raggae. Very good playing and arrangement. The mix has a cheap mastered sound to it, the eq is unnatural sounding and everything has a distant sound. Are the drums real? it sounds like a person playing but the snare has a sample sound. Really it just sounds over-mixed, and over eq'd. The bass is buried most of the time, if you could just get this to sound like 3 people playing together it would sound great. Good playing. Try a no effects mix and just get the balances correct-I would like to hear that.

Strat

Hello Stratomaster,

Im still trying to get the sound i want from the drums. We know the recording process is the most important part, but I dont have anything "acceptable". I rec the drums tracks with the drummer's live kit xD

So its hard to get a good sound from it. I will go again to the DAW and see what i can do.

About the guitars, yes, we play in D (RE) if that is what you meant? The bass guitar strings are for E (mi) so thats why the sound its kinda buried, i need to add it more mediums somehow. (But dont worry we change the bass player, and the newone has a better bass with appropriated strings !)

What did u mean for distant sound?

I really appreciated your comment, very constructive!

I will redo with raw tracks just balanced for ya. x)

Cheers

This is the new mix, its almost Raw. I think bass is to on the front, what do u guys think?

Are the overheads (cymbals and stuff) good? I cant get the sound I want, i know i need better gear :(

Cheers!

Yes more bass is nice, makes it sound warmer. Recording real drums is not easy, you did a pretty good job, maybe a little high end on the snare and overheads to bring out the cymbals might help. That would bring us back to the first mix hehe. One other question-are the 2 guitars panned evenly? Sounds like one left and one center almost...I still like the tune-very good playing and arrangement. By distant sound I meant presence, like does it sound like you are standing next to a guitar amp or drum kit, not a matter of reverb, but tone I guess. Interesting tune for sure.

Uhm! interesting. and yes, i think i forgot to move the guitar a lil bit more..

Im still trying to make the track to sound as one. U know? Maybe it is because of the bad quality mic i used? Another think that i dont like but i cant do anything at the moment, is we recorded evrything by instrument. Because i dont have enought inputs to record everything on one take, i think that can cause some of this distant effect.

We changed the bass player and obviously he's gonna bring his new gear, hope we could get a better bass sound.

Im still goin to work with this one, fix the guitar pan, try to fit at the instruments together and see how it goes.

U said its a good playin but i can hear some mistakes hehe, :)

2 or 3 days ill be posting again.

Thanks you very much.

Back