Australian Dilema

Judge

See in australia everything cost us a shit load so when it comes to buying some monitors (ur relatively cheap ones) we pay an arm and a leg. Like a pair of event ps6's are 1800 plus. so that brings me to my next question seeing as i only have a grand max to spend i looked at all the monitors that i could buy and came up with a list tell me which 3 i should look as it will help me wen dealing with stores.

Video Logic Sirocco Spirit - $599 / $390usd
Yamaha MSP3 $695 / $451usd
Samson RESOLV65A - $699 / $454usd
Alesis Monitior 1’s mk2 - $799 / $519usd
Fostex PMO.5 - $795 / $516usd
Behringer Truths - $899 / $584usd
M-Audio BX-8 $899 / $584usd
Phonic P5A - $999 / $650usd

Yo Judge:

And, how are things in the land of the Roo and king-size crocs?

You can save a lot of $$ by getting a pair of Yorkville passives. You can get Yorkville on line and find out where the closest dealer is to you -- should be someone down under who carries the Yorks?

Don't burn the steaks on the BBQ.

Green Hornet:D :p :p :p :cool:

Man that stuff costs heaps more over in australia! Ya'll mates need to come over here and buy some gear. :0

Mate try tracking down some good used ones - I got some Event 20/20s from the Quokka the other day at a damn good price. Where in Oz are you?

Welcome to our nightmare.... I ended up with the Behringer Truths because I just couldn't justify spending $1500 or more on "real" monitors - they sound OK to me, but I don't really know what better ones sound like.

I got them for $700AUD new in Sydney. Where are you?

I don't know how they sound, however Allans Music story had a pair of Rolands on sale over the weekend... $995 down to $795.

If I had more cash at the moment I would most likely have bought them if they sounded good.

Porter

Plus, for what it is worth, the prices you compared to the AUD price.. I used www.xe.com to convert the currency, you are paying about $50AUD more for each one and my guess is that the extra covers the shipping. You have to remember they are exactly light weight.

There was a thread here last week that suggested locally made speakers... do a search using Australia for the last week/two weeks and you should find it.

Porter

me too

Hi there,

I am in the same situation too.. looking for a pair of monitors around $800-$900 price range... and in Sydney.

I rang up a few shops and they all suggested different brands - none of them recommended the same monitor brand?? Is this a business thing??

Do u guys recommend any particular Sydney stores - I know about Allans and Venue already.

Where can i get the Alesis actives for $799??? And where did u get the Truths for $700????

thanks very much.
chorus

I'm in sydney

I get all my stuff through parramatta music, there real competitive with there pricing and usually will beat and price....Alans are real expensive. I was wanting to know wether which ones were the best from the lot

Well if you have time to wait, definitely try finding stuff secondhand. There's certainly plenty of gear moving around on the s/hand market in Perth, so you should have no problem in Sydney. If you're unsure what to buy - make friends with an expeienced engineer and ask him for advice (occasionally).

The internet is not the best place to be looking for audio advice IMHO.

Back