Auratone Substitute?

jmz93

Hi folks.

I need to augment my set-up with a powered mono monitor, a modern equivalent of the Auratone.

what are you guys using for checking mono compatibility and frequency restricted mix translation?

I need something non-ported and active.

Mostly I see references online to the Avantone Mix Cube. what else should I investigate besides this model?

thanks for any suggestions,

Chris

P.S. I'm not a fan of Behringer products, but has anybody heard their two entries in this product category?

Avantone has the closest "sound-alike" IMO. That said, if you're actually looking for "cheap n' crappy sounding" then I'd think Behringer's would be perfect (that said, I've not heard them as of yet).

I just ordered the Behritone one

My thought process: "Why do I need a high quality, Shitty speaker"

even if it breaks out of the Sweetwater 2 year warranty, I could buy 5 of the Behritones before I would have saved money by getting the clearly higher quality Avantone

I understand your sentiment, but the truth is that the original auratone wasn't actually a shitty speaker. It was actually a really good, transient-accurate little speaker that happened to be limited in bandwith because of its size and the nature of its design.

That said, the Behrintone might be just fine as long as they didn't skimp to bad on the integrated amplifier circuit. If the amp sucks, the avantone might be a better bet. I'm dying to compare both of these to my original auratones sometime. I have two pairs! I'm definitely a fan.

Back