Audition 1.5 tryout now available

ozpeter

While rummaging around on another matter I came across http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=92 which says....

"Adobe Audition 1.5 tryout

Adobe Audition 1.5 ™ software is a professional audio editing environment. Designed for demanding audio and video professionals, Adobe Audition 1.5 offers advanced audio mixing, editing, and effects processing capabilities. Its flexible workflow, combined with exceptional ease of use and precise tools, gives you the power to create rich, nuanced audio of the highest possible quality.

The Adobe Audition 1.5 tryout includes all the features of the full version with the exception of the trial version of discWelder BRONZE from Minnetonka Audio Software, sample sessions, and more than 5,000 royalty-free loops. The Adobe Audition 1.5 tryout expires 30 days from the first time you open the application."

Thanks for pointing that out! I was about to start a thread asking how the autotune in AA1.5 works...I can try it myself I suppose!

I've seen an interesting comment elsewhere that the new 'frequency space editor' in the upgrade appears to out-perform a standalone program from another vendor which is priced at over 2000 euros. Cool, huh?

yeah its nice! i like the way you can control panning by clicking the waveform in edit view too. im considering an upgrade, all ive ever heard was that there wasnt enough difference from cool edit 2..0 to justify it, but i found a few things that would make it worth it.

After going through all the trouble registering, activation aproval, find out it doesn't work on Win 98 anymore, I'm pretty satisfied with the upgrades in 1.5.

Audition 1.5 has changed alot from 1.0 basically, with a more advance (and complex!) interface, added a few new convenient buttons , new built-in fx : auto pitch correction *autotune anyone?* , frequency space editor, some new reverbs , built in cd burning tool. My favourite new part is the VST plugins enable feature. FINALLY~!.

Sadly enough, it is obvious that Adobe Audition is leaning more towards the video/sound production crowd.

"Sadly enough, it is obvious that Adobe Audition is leaning more towards the video/sound production crowd."

Well, that's why Adobe bought out Syntrillium, right? They wanted an ace audio program to integrate with their level of video expertise.

But there might be a silver lining to this. I've got a feeling that DVD is gonna be bigger and bigger news in leading edge music recording in the not too distant future. If so, and if you get involved in that extra dimension of presenting your music, being familar with Audition will make the whole thing that much easier.

"Well, that's why Adobe bought out Syntrillium, right? They wanted an ace audio program to integrate with their level of video expertise."

Hello, Dobro. Just discovered this BBS today. Wondering if Cool Edit Pro and Syntrillium are effectively gone, and if that means all of us using Cool Edit Pro will have to switch over to stay current? Will this eventually become an Adobe Audition forum?

If Adobe is abandoning the audio crowd, then why would they have integrated Rewire?

To me, that is the sole reason to buy 1.5. It's that important to me. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Back