Audiotrak's E-WDM drivers?

Tyson

Ihave been looking at Adiotrak's Maya 1010 pci audio interface,and it seems great for the price. I'm just not sure about its driver. I uses an E-WDM driver. I hear that ASIO is the best. Its description says its compatible with every program I would ever think about using, but is the E-WDM driver going to be a problem and is it a good driver compared to the ASIO driver?

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--ATKMAYA1010

I've got a 3.2 gig P-4, 1g ram, 160 g hard drive, computer with xp. Right now I'm using cakewalk sonar 2 with a tascam us-122. I might want to try using cubasis later on. I realy don't want to limit myself to certain software though. What software wouldn't work well with this card? What are the downsides of this card, and do you think it might be a difficult card to use. I don't want to buy anything thats going to make my hair gray. I want to record 6 tracks at a time though an it seems good for multitracking. What do you think of this card compared to a Delta 1010 or, Echo Laya,or Aardvark.

The e-wdm driver is claimed to support ASIO.

It may well be the Wave/MME support uses a multichannel driver - a single channel containing all the channels interleaved. Audition and CEP cannot de-interleave this type and only the first stereo pair is available.
I would definately check with the dealer/manufacturer before getting this card for CEP or Audition.

Audiotrak/Egosys drivers are very good. Their E-WDM moniker basically just notes how you can mix between different drivers...WDM into ASIO, for example.

I've been working on my friend's borrowed machine with a quatafire and it's fine with Sonar and ASIO, and the drivers have been doing WDM for years now...

Back