Audiophile - everything gone wrong!

savedbygrace

Got my Audiophile 24/96 - installed it and all went crazy - I'm sure it is me and not the card for I know it comes highly recommended. My concern is my 2 year old Athalon MB with VIA chipset - here were my issues: Sometimes just lost card in Cakewalk HS - recording speeded up realy fast and playback sounded fast and garbled - couldn't seem to click 24/96 and it would stay in the Audiophile mixer - wasn't sure which driver to use in the driver section of cakewalk - out of the blue it would drop buffer size to fast and then quit - sometimes it work hang up and get the MS error report to send - using the XP drivers that came with it and even tried the latest off the site - DO NOT WANT TO SEND BACK - want to work it out - Not complaining about card - my complaint is me - any thoughts? - I can usually get systems to work after tweaking but the doucmentation doesn't cover much. MY SB 512 worked perfectly when I put it bak in - going to work today and install it in a Intel Compaq in my lab to test - Any sites that have more info and simple step-by-step to see where I went wrong - I mean really, there is not to much to these cards and I feel rather "derpis" (family term for dumb)! No ego here - help!

savedbygrace said:
Got my Audiophile 24/96 - installed it and all went crazy - I'm sure it is me and not the card for I know it comes highly recommended. My concern is my 2 year old Athalon MB with VIA chipset - here were my issues: Sometimes just lost card in Cakewalk HS - recording speeded up realy fast and playback sounded fast and garbled - couldn't seem to click 24/96 and it would stay in the Audiophile mixer - wasn't sure which driver to use in the driver section of cakewalk - out of the blue it would drop buffer size to fast and then quit - sometimes it work hang up and get the MS error report to send - using the XP drivers that came with it and even tried the latest off the site - DO NOT WANT TO SEND BACK - want to work it out - Not complaining about card - my complaint is me - any thoughts? - I can usually get systems to work after tweaking but the doucmentation doesn't cover much. MY SB 512 worked perfectly when I put it bak in - going to work today and install it in a Intel Compaq in my lab to test - Any sites that have more info and simple step-by-step to see where I went wrong - I mean really, there is not to much to these cards and I feel rather "derpis" (family term for dumb)! No ego here - help!

Which VIA chipse do you have - KT133/266? If so, that is most likely your problem.

Audiophile problem

Yes - KT266A - I have already applied for a RMA - I think I am fighting a lossing battle with this one - if you have any ideas of what else I can use without having to swap out board I am all ears - thanks for response

It sounds to me like you might just be having sample rate and buffer problems.

Don't lock the sample rate in the delta control panel...let the software adjust the sample rate. Trying playing something back with Windows Media Player. I'm thinking this could be an issue with you and Cakewalk HS.

Slackmaster 2000

Slackmaster2K said:
It sounds to me like you might just be having sample rate and buffer problems.

Don't lock the sample rate in the delta control panel...let the software adjust the sample rate. Trying playing something back with Windows Media Player. I'm thinking this could be an issue with you and Cakewalk HS.

Slackmaster 2000

I wouldn't hold my breath. I have basically the same setup (HS2002+Audiophile) with an Intel system and never ran into the problems savedbygrace describes.

Audiophile problems

Computers are strange - Strangely enough I tried to throw the card in again and now it appears to work - I notice the buffer sizes under the DMA buffer sizes under Home Studio appear to be a lot different than before - also, strangely enough, this time I left my SB 512 card in - go figure. I do desktop support at Blue Cross in Fla and sometimes all I do is reinstall or reboot and it works - computers are fickle you know - so I will monitor but have gotten 0 error messages so far and this go around - thanks for response. Now I understand that the whole thing may blow up again but for now it appears to be working - Recorded two simple vocal tests with no issues - and yes, I will hold not my breath - If I continue to work then I will hold off on my request for an RMA - thanks for responses.

Back