audiophile 2496 with sb Live!

KevinTran

are there conflicts between these cards. Something weird happened when I installed the 2496 with the Live still in.

My Radeon video card kept crashing the system. Go figure.

Anyway. I took the sb live out, and everything is working great now. Are these two cards suppose to co-exist ok? I'm running XP.

Sorry, this is in the Cakewalk forum. That's the program that I'm using and accessing the audio card functions.

kt

I am using an "old" SB Live and an Audiophile 2496 in XP with no problems or conflicts. My Live was the original card, and I installed the 2496 after that one. It might be an IRQ conflict between one of the sound cards and the video card. I have had problems in the past using the ATI video cards, and will not use one again. I now have a Matrox Dual head G450 Millenium card and have no problems.

Besides IRQ conflicts, (refer to the chart in your mobo handbook), there may also be interference from your video card. AGP video cards pump out a great deal of RF noise and if you have your soundcard in the next slot to it, then you can get all sorts of problems.;)

Back