Audiophile 2496 question

KevinTran

If there are only two analog inputs (1 left, 1 right) on this audio card, how do you record two simultaneous tracks?

Is that including the SPDIF or MIDI ins??

kt

You can record 2 mono tracks using the analog ins... but in any case, you can also use the digital inputs for another 2 channels...

Blue Bear Sound said:
You can record 2 mono tracks using the analog ins... but in any case, you can also use the digital inputs for another 2 channels...

Blue,
So what you're saying is that I can record an additional track by using an external A/D converter into the Digital INS?

kt

Blue,
Hope you don't mind, I have another question since you're available.

Should I be able to record internal PC sound with this sound card? I've got an email into M-Audio, but I'm sure it'll take a few days for them to respond.

what I'm trying to do is record music from my dvd's through PowerDVD. The playback is fine through my external mixer, but I've used three wave recorders (Sonar & All Editor & SoundForge 6), but I don't get any signal for the recording?

The little Delta tray doesn't help me much either.

kt

There needs to be a path between the devices to record it. The DVD's output goes through the on-board sound chip or another sound card, I'm assuming. If this is anything like the typical CD drive, there is an analog audio cable that plugs onto the sound card, meaning the audio signal goes there. There's no way to get that to the Delta.

However, there might be a way to route the DVD player's audio output digitally (with CD-ROM ddrives, this is typically possible with the newer versions of players like Windows Media Player and Winamp.) Essentially the disk gets read like a disk drive and the data is streamed directly to a WAV device. If you can do this, you can route it to the Delta's inputs and outputs.

AlChuck said:
There needs to be a path between the devices to record it. The DVD's output goes through the on-board sound chip or another sound card, I'm assuming. If this is anything like the typical CD drive, there is an analog audio cable that plugs onto the sound card, meaning the audio signal goes there. There's no way to get that to the Delta.

However, there might be a way to route the DVD player's audio output digitally (with CD-ROM ddrives, this is typically possible with the newer versions of players like Windows Media Player and Winamp.) Essentially the disk gets read like a disk drive and the data is streamed directly to a WAV device. If you can do this, you can route it to the Delta's inputs and outputs.

I removed the SB Live I had because of conflict with the video card after installing the Audiophile. So no plug-in for the audio cable from the dvd player. I have no idea what you just said in the second paragragh, Al. Thanks, now i'm confuseder (more confused for those in Rio Linda).

kt

Recording WAV

the AP2496 is full duplex card, so in theory you should be able to play and record at the same time. The key may be in the Delta Panel. The selection on the H/W OUT1/2 section of the Patchbay/Router tab can be the difference in the card working perfectly and hearing no sound. Play around with those settings and also check the preferred recording device in Windows multimedia settings.

I am at my work computer so I can't give you anything definitive. Sorry.

Kevin - the short version of what Al Chuck said: look in Control Panel / Device Manager. Doa "properties" on your DVD drive. Look for a little check box that says "enable digital audio output" and check it.

Back