Audiophile 2496 Question

strings012

I have an audiophile 2496 sc, and using Guitar Tracks 2. I have the input in GT set to the 2496. When I arm a track, I'm not getting any signal. I have guitar connected to mixer and I'm using the rca outs on the mixer to the sc. I realize this isn't the best way to go, but I'm wondering if it's something with the sound card. I have a signal with playback, but nothing when recording. This is really baffling me. I recently moved so I had to tear everything down and now I'm trying to start up again. Any help would be apreciated, thanks.

Where's the break in the chain? Plug a set of phones into the mixer to check the guitar's in there happily.

Also, be aware that the input in your software might give you a choice between input 1 and 2 ... for input one pan your guitar hard left on the mixer and right for input two.

Open your M-Audio Delta Control Panel. Under the tab "Patchbay/Router" and the settings for H/W Out 1/2 check the "Monitor Mixer".

ocnor said:
Open your M-Audio Delta Control Panel. Under the tab "Patchbay/Router" and the settings for H/W Out 1/2 check the "Monitor Mixer".
Patchbay/Router was already set to that setting

Are you sure you have the correct channel set up for GT to record on? By this I mean in the "Mixer" view below the fader, do you have the record control button set to the correct channel that you're recording too?

Rob

RobV said:
Are you sure you have the correct channel set up for GT to record on? By this I mean in the "Mixer" view below the fader, do you have the record control button set to the correct channel that you're recording too?

Rob
It's showing my other sound card. When I click on Record Control/Options/Properties My other sound card is showing in the mixer device drop down menu, and no other sound card is in there.

gotta love microsoft hardware config

are you using windows or mac?

for windows, sounds like what you're looking for is under:

settings->control panel->system->hardware->device manager->sound, video & game controllers->*your soundcard*

there should be 2 listings, one for each sound card. look under 'properties' for each of these, then look for the 'properties' tab in the resulting dialog, then look for the tree component labeled 'audio devices', within that look for your soundcard *again*, and hit 'properties' *again*.

Whew. Now you got a radio button about 'use audio features on this device'.

Make sure it's on for both cards.

If this gives problems, you probably have an IRQ conflict and might want to try moving around which slots each of the cards is in. Or pick your favorite and only use that card. I've got an old SB Live I still use for MIDI, so I have audio 'off' for that card and 'on' for my AP2496, and MIDI 'on' for both cards.

Hope this helps (could be a bunch of crap, but it fixed a similar problem for me...)

-The Burden-

strings012 said:
It's showing my other sound card. When I click on Record Control/Options/Properties My other sound card is showing in the mixer device drop down menu, and no other sound card is in there.

It might be easiest to just remove the other soundcard, or disable it in the bios. Then reprofile your soundcard in GT2 so it sees the 2496 drivers, then select the appropriate one as input on the track you're recording to

Bulls Hit said:
It might be easiest to just remove the other soundcard, or disable it in the bios. Then reprofile your soundcard in GT2 so it sees the 2496 drivers, then select the appropriate one as input on the track you're recording to
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. BOP, I was ok with your instructions until you got to the part about seeing 2 listings for each sound card. From there I was completly lost. Anyways thanks for the help.

Back