Audiophile 2496, Midisport 2x2, and more...

skippy

I've decided that it's time to move out some of the gear that's cluttering up the storage closet in the studio. All is either brand new or used and in very good shape: all used items are as-is, but were working well when removed from service.

1. M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card: used but in very good shape, with driver CD (which you don't want to use- get the latest drivers from their web site), MIDI-S/PDIF fanout cable, and all documentation. New $149, asking $100 OBO.

2. Midisport 2x2 USB MIDI interface; used but in very good shape, with driver CD (ditto above on the drivers), USB cable, and all documentation. New $65, asking $40 OBO.

3. Sound Blaster Live Platinum. Used for about 2 hours. Complete with their microphone rig, drive-bay connector thingus, driver CD, and what passes for documentation (read: a lot of advertising material that was also in the box). New $130, asking $50 OBO.

4. Neutrik NYS-SPP-L 2x24 TRS patchbay: TRS connectors front and back. Unused, but no box: picked it up for my road rack but decided to build a custom longframe rig instead. New $85, asking $60.

5. Compaq V910 19" color CRT monitor, used but excellent shape. You can get one of these refurbed for $300, so I'm asking $150 just to get it out of the way in there...

6. OSC 18.1" LCD flat-screen monitor: new in box. You wanna big screen for your DAW that you can hang on the wall? This is it. Also has built in multimedia speakers and mic, just perfect for the new chat room... These were a Taiwanese import special from PC Mall back in the spring for $900. Yours, $750. Only reason that I'm selling it is that it would not sync with the frame buffer on my Sparcstation- it syncs fine on my DAW, but I already _have_ a nice big display for that machine.

7. CSC Fastache PCI SCSI I-II-III fast/wide/differential interface. One way to add more fast SCSI disk to your DAW. New in box- new price $119, asking $75.

Buyer pays shipping. If interested, contact me via private messaging or the email button below- we'll do the deal through PayPal, I think. That'll be fun- I haven't seen that work yet...

The Audiophile, the Midisport 2x2, and the Compaq monitor are all sold. And I have discovered (thanks to that private heads-up from Mark H, and simultanously through hard experience) that PayPal is not appropriate for doing transactions of this nature. They do a bait-and-switch when you actually try and *use* them, and hold your transactions hostage until you "upgrade" to a "premium account" that pays them a 2.9% bounty and a $0.30 transaction fee per transaction.

Needless to say, I'll not be using PayPal for any further transactions: so much for their claims of being a good way to "send money to your friends". I should have researched these guys more...

A warning on Paypal/Billpoint on eBay. I used it for a purchase last October/November. Transaction was fine until an unauthorized charge for $139 showed up on my statement. The seller would have had no way of knowing my card number. Therefore it had to be someone within Paypal/Billpoint who stole/sold my card number. The company was a scam which luckily my card company had a running battle with due to unauthorized charges. My card company credited my account and suggested I close then open another account which I did.

Paypal/Billpoint never responded to my repeated reports of card number theft to them. They acknowledged the email but no response. Look out!!

DD

The patchbay is also sold. The Sound Blaster, the LCD monitor, the PCI SCSI controller, the Digitech bass pre, the E-drum hardware and the cymbal triggers are all still available. Make an offer...

Skippy,
What was your opinion of that patchbay as far as quality for the price goes.

ChrisO :cool:

It was fine- it uses their plastic shortframe jacks, the same ones that are used on lots of equipment these days. I decided that I'm too much of a traditionalist, and that I'd rather go longframe- I need a wierd patching arrangement anyway, so I realized I'd need to fabricate it myself...

If you don't mind having jacks front and back (doubling the number of plugs you need), it will work just fine.

Thanks Skippy,
I can pick them up for approx $110 ($55US) each, new, so they are attractive in the bang for buck sense.

:cool:

Back