Audiophile 192 problem

fova

Heeelp! I have a problem with Audiophile 192 that was bought last week like a new one.
I downloaded from M-Audio latest drivers and card was installed to Windows XP without any problem. Then tried to play in Sonar some files stored on HDD which worked fine and there was a right sound in speakers.
Then I connected preamp with mike to IN R and wanted to record something. In the Delta Control panel there was some activity like you can see in the attached prinscreens (http://fova.bravehost.com/Index.html (File Delta.jpg)) but there was no sound going out of the speaker connected to MAIN OUT R.
In BIOS I disabled onboard sound card so Delta is actually preffered card for everything in Windows but it did not help.
The same situation is also in other software. I tried to record to Audacity but there is no signal recorded.
Please notice that in Patchbay/Router I have active only last column and Master Volume in Monitor mixer is not also active. I do not see any way how to make it active.

Any advice?

Need some more info on the gear you are trying to plug into the Delta card and what kind of speakers you have and how they are hooked up.

Preliminarily - I'll say check your connections, Check your track panning in Sonar, and check the "stereo link" button in the M-Audio Control Panel.

I just wanted to check whether everything in Delta works properly therefore I used only some crappy items.

Cheap dynamic microphone Philips SBC MD195 was plugged into home made mic preamp and between preamp and right input of Delta there was unbalanced (stereo) jack-jack cable.

As for the software it did not work only in Sonar but also in Audacity, Windows sound recorder and even in Skype mike did not work. From this I estimate it is any general problem, not problem of Sonar only.

As for the output I used another unbalanced cable that had jack on one side (plugged in to Main Out R of Delta) and RCA red and white connectors on the other side that were plugged into my micro hi-fi system.

I have also Behringer Truth monitors, Studio Projects VTB1 preamp, Oktava mike and balanced cables but for the check I used only the items above. I can use this better gear for another check but I doubt it will help.

Back