Audiofire 12, where is it the cheapest?

kristian

Where have you found it the cheapest? I've seen it listed at $599 at most online stores and $521 at salestores.com (never heard of it either). Has anybody found it listed cheaper elsewhere?

There doesn't seem to be many used ones around... I had a parenthetical in the original post with (new or used) in it. But really, I don't see any used ones around. Thanks.

I suppose you don't need preamps in the interface (the 12 doesn't have them, of course), but did you notice they just released the "Audiofire Pre8"? Looks pretty cool. It looks like it doesn't have any straight line-ins, though, but maybe there's a good way to bypass the pres if you want to, or maybe all you need to do is plug in a TRS cable.

About the one thing I wish they had on the 12 is a headphone jack, so I wouldn't have to futz with an external headphone amp, but the new unit has two :)

I have an 8 in/out sound card but the problem is I'm recording a 6 piece band... I looked at 2 channel units with optical in/out to bump my current card 10 channels, but they're all so expensive it doesn't make much sense when you can get 12 channels for the same price. I know, quality is different, but an (albeit nice) home setup, the difference between some boutique A/D and the echo is minimal compared to just recording a kick ass band playing together. I have a headphone amp and a little board as well for any routing, so we're good on that front. Oh well, I'll keep scouring used gear ads. I have a few weeks until the project starts.

Back